This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
    I am impressed that a secondary school student has so much knowledge about IP
    Gosh, it's a tough one. Who do I believe? Two longtime engineers or one secondary school kid?

Ah choices choices! What a dilemma..... this is going to keep me up all night surely!

Comment

Originally posted by A350 View Post
      nope it is that wireless roaming broadband that i am using (you know the M1 scientist and squirell add)

the whole thing works the same way connexion by boeing works. you done expect it to be like your HP and connect to different ports as the plane fly by. like that, one flight will easily have over 20 IP addresses. so what it does it it ises sat technology to connect to a centralised port so you will be using the same IP address no matter where you are
      And the digging goes on.

M1 roaming broadband works on the 3G mobile phone technology and not satellite technology. So when you roam with it you will connect to a local 3G provider and user their IP address.

Alternatively you could be using true satellite technology like Thuraya or RBGAN in which case you are quite correct it would be a single IP address which it would use from the country it is based in. Of course if you were using this from Thailand you would need your head examined as it would be a huge waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
        Of course if you were using this from Thailand you would need your head examined as it would be a huge waste of money.
        Remember, we have one rich kid here, so, he (or his dad) can afford anything

Comment

And even stranger is that from what I can see (I could be totally wrong) that the 3G mobile phone network in Thailand hasn't been established yet!

The article here says that at the start of 2007 it was still a couple of years away.
          http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/commun...1989236,00.htm

Maybe our little buddy has been doing some time travel too?

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
            I am impressed that a secondary school student has so much knowledge about IP stuff

I admit I am a novice in techie thingy
            Me too impressed with him. My 3 years of IT degree was such a waste of time. I feel so stupid, can't even understand the basic IP stuff..

Originally posted by super bean flicker View Post
            And even stranger is that from what I can see (I could be totally wrong) that the 3G mobile phone network in Thailand hasn't been established yet!

The article here says that at the start of 2007 it was still a couple of years away.
            http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/commun...1989236,00.htm

Maybe our little buddy has been doing some time travel too?
            Correct, as far as I know, 3G is nowhere to be seen in Thailand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._UMTS_networks). Or maybe I'm wrong again?

Comment

This thread appears to have outlived its usefulness, so I'll close it.

If OP would like to appeal the decision, he may email admin@sqtalk.com.

jjpb3
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
              X