Nick Ionides leaving SQ for MBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Ionides leaving SQ for MBS

Seems our old friend is headed over to Marina Bay Sands... New guy Siva Govindasamy was an ex Senior Comms Manager (APAC) from Airbus. Big shoes to fill.

https://www.marketing-interactive.co...ina-bay-sands/
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Interesting change. A decade doing that job at SQ is probably enough for anyone to be fair.

Good luck to him. As those who have met him know well, he is a really nice guy and always happy to chat.

Comment

Well here’s wishing him all the best in his new endeavour.. Guess the question now is.. Do we SQTalkers get a free upgrade at MBS??
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I will miss Mr Ionides as the public face of SQ!

Only interacted with him on one occasion, but the impression made was very positive!

All the very best at MBS, Nick!

Comment

Wishing Nick all the best indeed at his next role at MBS!

Comment

Nick has sent an email around on his last day :

Dear all,

Today is my last day with Singapore Airlines. It was not an easy decision to move on after more than 10 years here, but I am very much looking forward to joining Marina Bay Sands, where I will be heading up communications with effect from 1 November after taking a short break overseas. I will update you with my new contact details after I am settled in there next month.

In the meantime, I wish to thank you for your support and assistance during my time with SIA. While this email address will no longer be monitored after this afternoon, you may reach out to public_affairs@singaporeair.com.sg should there be anything urgent to follow up on after I have left. Please give my successor Siva Govindasamy the same great support you have given me over the years.

Thank you again and I look forward to keeping in touch in my new role.

Kind regards,

Nick

Comment

SQ's loss, MBS's gain.

I had a good discussion with Nick during 2012 Singapore Air Show when SQ displayed their last B744. He was really a nice chap and knows his stuff well! Have been following him since his days with Flight International days when he worked as Asian correspondent for the aviation magazine. All the best to him!

Comment

Working...
              X