Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JAL Dreamliner Singapore-Tokyo (Nov 2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing. Definitely one of the best reports I read so far on economy class

Comment

J.lin: Thanks for your feedback! Yes, done a lot of mileage in the back of the plane. Hope to post more Y reviews in future. I enjoy reading F and J reviews, but it's always good to have Y reviews to keep the CG within forward and aft limits :-)

Comment

I am thinking of switching to JAL flight because Y seat on ANA is extremely uncomfortable, would need to forgo my star alliance mileage though...

Comment

I heard the ANA Y seats have a fixed shell, which means they don't interfere with the passenger behind, but are less comfortable because the recline, where the seat slides forward, is awkward. Have not tried them myself. The JAL 787 Y seats have conventional recline, and are no more or no less comfortable than other typical Y seats. The seat cushions are softer and more comfortable (to me at least) than the SQ new Y seats.

Comment

Just read today that UA is launching their 787 international service from LAX to NRT. Unfortunately the layout in Y is 3-3-3 (9 abreast), which appears to be a trend with new Dreamliner introductions (I believe BA also launched the 787 with 3-3-3).

Not a good move from a traveller's perspective! The JAL 2-4-2 Y cabin represented a real step forward for comfort in long haul economy travel.

Once the novelty of flying 787's wears off, I see myself avoiding 3-3-3 layout 787's, and 3-4-3 layout 777's as well for that matter.

http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler....liner-service/
            Last edited by yflyer; 4 January 2013, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X