Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JAL Dreamliner Singapore-Tokyo (Nov 2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful TR!

I loved the pictures very much!
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Excellent TR! I also liked the HUGE windows when I flew the 787 domestically with ANA.

Comment

Thanks for sharing yflyer. JL Y seems like a pretty good hard product

Comment

Nice report, very enjoyable!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            milehighj, 9V-SIA: Thanks very much for your replies and feedback!

Carbonman: The windows actually do go quite dark, but not completely black. During a daytime flight the windows worked well, and it was nice to be able to leave the window half dimmed i.e. tinted, so you could see outside during the day. My return was an evening flight, so the windows weren't really used. I suspect this will only be an issue if there is a long flight that flies into daylight while the passengers are asleep. Using regular window shades you effectively get a blacked-out cabin, but on the 787, this may not be possible.

cscs1956: Yes it is! Beautiful to look at, and to fly.
            Waiting to get on one of these with UA begin of next year from NRT to LAX.

Comment

9V-SPL, SQGamespeed, 9V-JKL, ozdude: Thanks and glad you enjoyed reading it!

SQGamespeed, csc1956: I would relish the opportunity to try out ANA and UA 787s as well!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Me thinks SQ's J looks better while JAL's Y seems to be more comfy...
                Life's A Bitch,
                Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
                  Me thinks SQ's J looks better while JAL's Y seems to be more comfy...
                  is there a typo here?

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                    is there a typo here?
                    I think inix was trying to say: SQ J > JL J and JL Y > SQ Y.

Comment

Only can tell if SQ also gets their 787 ?

Comment

inix: Thanks for reading. Yes, JAL J looked comfortable, but no different from J on other aircraft.

If the SQ 787s are going to Scoot, I hope the don't jam them 9 abreast in Y (though I suspect that is likely to happen, considering what they did to the 777s!).

Comment

Thank you for sharing. Nice report.

Comment

hsf: Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Hi yflyer and welcome to SQTalk!

Nice trip report! Just a question, when was your outbound flight from Singapore? Mine was on 19 November on JL712.

-FSJZ
                              Last edited by FSJZ; 5 December 2012, 05:53 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Hi FSJZ, Thanks for reply! I was on JL712 SIN-NRT on Nov 11. I returned to Singapore on JL711 NRT-SIN on Nov 18, arriving after midnight on Nov 19. It could have been the same plane that departed SIN as JL712 on the morning of Nov 19...

Comment

Working...
                                X