Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time on 77W J

Hi all,

I've managed to get my better half and I two J awards from BD for SFO-ICN on SQ015 on 77W. I have just allocated seats 11D/F at singaporeair.com, so far based on advise from Seatguru.

I have tried SQ New Regional C, NZ/OZ/VS/TG/CA C and have had been satisfied with them so far (except CA actually but I kept the expectation low). But I have never tried SQ J on A380/77W products before.

Question is:

- Is SQ J on 77W THAT GOOD?! Or is it just a hype? I really don't want to set the expectation too high.
    - I am thinking of booking 11F/K instead of 11D/F as there is window and wonder whether to take photos outside whilst flying. Is the aisle too wide from my partner? Or is 11D/F best seats for us?
    - With the divider between 11D/F, is it like those one like Suites where it can become "double bed"? No, I am not intending to join mile high club.
    - WHat is the best Book the Cook right now? I have not tried BTC since my previous SQ J flight 2 years ago. Or should I go for standard food served on board? Would they have Korean food offering in that route?
    - What is the chance of SFO-HKG SQ J awards come up? Ideally I prefer to get to HK direct, rather than via ICN but with peak season near Xmas/new year maybe I should be lucky that I have those seats at the first place? I probably will give them a call from time to time.

As other part of my trip, I will fly MI J KUL-SIN, and SQ J SIN-SYD (New Regional J) using KF miles, how is MI KUL-SIN service like? Should I keep my expectation low?

If you in in J on the 77W, row 11 is generally the best you will get.

Middle D/F in 15 is same space/bulkhead as 11D/F albeit in the main cabin which is not always so quiet or has the mini cabin feeling.

14A/K as there same as 11A/K but next to galley, so can be bothersome.

Whether you like the not so new J product is very subjective (I do), personally I would recommend staying in 11D/F if travelling together is important. Otherwise 11A or 11K is my favourite seat, and endorsed by many on this forum.

The privacy divider is not like Suites (i.e. in Suites it actually separates the two suites with a soft wall), rather in the 77W J you slide the divider across, it gives you privacy but does not block off 100% the other passenger,

Comment

Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
      Not quite 100% the same. In 11 you can see all the way across, in 14 you can't - so it's really private. The front cubicle wall is also higher in row 14, it's standard height in row 11.

Comment

Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
        If you in in J on the 77W, row 11 is generally the best you will get.

Middle D/F in 15 is same space/bulkhead as 11D/F albeit in the main cabin which is not always so quiet or has the mini cabin feeling.

Whether you like the not so new J product is very subjective (I do), personally I would recommend staying in 11D/F if travelling together is important. Otherwise 11A or 11K is my favourite seat, and endorsed by many on this forum.

The privacy divider is not like Suites (i.e. in Suites it actually separates the two suites with a soft wall), rather in the 77W J you slide the divider across, it gives you privacy but does not block off 100% the other passenger,
        Thanks for this! I look forward to my first experience on J 77W!

Comment

Whenever I travel on the 77W with my wifey, we'd always take (if possible) 11A,D or 11F,K.

The aisle seems narrower than the superwide divider between D,F. In fact, we find it easier to communicate across the aisle than between D,F. Note that the foot space between D and F is completely cut off by the divider as it runs right up to the bulkhead.

The mini-cabin of rows 11 and 12 cannot be beat.

Comment

It is too bad that SQ doesn't make the last row seats in J to be 'special' like the bulkhead seats. If they make the back flat (since there is no more seats behind), I for one would go for last row seats compared to bulkheads.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              It is too bad that SQ doesn't make the last row seats in J to be 'special' like the bulkhead seats. If they make the back flat (since there is no more seats behind), I for one would go for last row seats compared to bulkheads.
              Fully agree

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                Unfortunately, that would require a different seat shell. I suspect that even the seat support and flip mechanism will also have to be changed to allow for the removal of the foot well.

Unlikely SQ would do that for a few seats per aircraft.

I too would much more likely opt for the last row if indeed this was case.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                  Hi all,

I've managed to get my better half and I two J awards from BD for SFO-ICN on SQ015 on 77W. I have just allocated seats 11D/F at singaporeair.com, so far based on advise from Seatguru.

I have tried SQ New Regional C, NZ/OZ/VS/TG/CA C and have had been satisfied with them so far (except CA actually but I kept the expectation low). But I have never tried SQ J on A380/77W products before.

Question is:

- Is SQ J on 77W THAT GOOD?! Or is it just a hype? I really don't want to set the expectation too high.
                  - I am thinking of booking 11F/K instead of 11D/F as there is window and wonder whether to take photos outside whilst flying. Is the aisle too wide from my partner? Or is 11D/F best seats for us?
                  - With the divider between 11D/F, is it like those one like Suites where it can become "double bed"? No, I am not intending to join mile high club.
                  If 11A is available (as well as 11K) and she doesn't mind sitting on one side on her own, go for 11A/K.

You can't make the middle seats link like Suites unfortunately.

As others have said, on this thread and previously, that mini cabin and row 11 in particular are the favoured seats on the 77W. Some like 14A and K as well and they are good, but not as good as 11A/K. Actually, row 11 on the 77W is often referred to on here as row 3, as it is virtually the same as rows 1 & 2.

As other part of my trip, I will fly MI J KUL-SIN, and SQ J SIN-SYD (New Regional J) using KF miles, how is MI KUL-SIN service like? Should I keep my expectation low?
                  MI and nice to fly with but flights between KUL & SIN are so short they are not worth worrying about to be honest.. I did PNH-SIN with them a few days ago and as the only one in J I got very well looked after.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I have picked 11F/K now (11A is taken)! I could not believe that those seats are available given it is peak season (Xmas/New Year) period.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                      Thanks for your feedback! I have picked 11F/K now (11A is taken)! I could not believe that those seats are available given it is peak season (Xmas/New Year) period.
                      Excellent choice. You won't regret it.

Comment

You are lucky! A 77W award in J! Am assuming you did this recently?

Comment

Will the LCD screen far on Row 11? Just curious
                          Maybe that's an advantage for some people because you get extra space.

Comment

Working...
                          X