Cheap-o blankets on TG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap-o blankets on TG!

Last year I flew TG in premium Y and was impressed with their product. The blankets were actually silk comforters from J and so were the pillows. There was that generic amenity kit - not classy but it did the job. And the food was good and was served on porcelain with metal cutlery.

This year, I flew the same route to LAX. The amenity kits have gone. Food was still great. But the blankets are now the cheap wool blankets that spark all over everytime you "move" them. Quite uncomfortable! I thought they had just replaced the fancy blankets in premium Y with those from Econ, but apparently, ALL blankets now, even those in Royal Silk class are made of the static producing wool. The blankets across the three classes on the A345 are the same except for the color. And I'm not even sure the Royal Silk passengers got any amenity kit...

I'd be shocked if Royal Silk don't get amenity kits on BKK-LAX and would assume they do... odd if they didn't!

There are quite a few carriers using 'static-producing' blankies now, unfortunately... don't expect silk ones anytime soon in Y...

Comment

Originally posted by fuu99 View Post
      Last year I flew TG in premium Y and was impressed with their product. The blankets were actually silk comforters from J and so were the pillows. There was that generic amenity kit - not classy but it did the job. And the food was good and was served on porcelain with metal cutlery.

This year, I flew the same route to LAX. The amenity kits have gone. Food was still great. But the blankets are now the cheap wool blankets that spark all over everytime you "move" them. Quite uncomfortable! I thought they had just replaced the fancy blankets in premium Y with those from Econ, but apparently, ALL blankets now, even those in Royal Silk class are made of the static producing wool. The blankets across the three classes on the A345 are the same except for the color. And I'm not even sure the Royal Silk passengers got any amenity kit...

Got the sae static-producing blankets in Y+ on TG954 (BKK-OSL) just over a month ago.
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

There is still an amenity kit on TG795 I just flew that in J. New crap blankets were used though. The older style better blankets were used on TG465 BKK-MEL just a few days later though, it's strange.

I took a photo of the J amenity kit in the Thai airways first class amenity kit thread by Man Flyer around here somewhere.
        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

But the benefit is, as myself and my colleague have worked out for a couple of trips in the last month or two to Shanghai and India to name two, it is possible to fly TG in J for the same price as SQ in Y so a little give'n'take should be played.

I have respect for TG in looking after the flying public that they can do this, and so far we've flown many, many more miles on TG than we have on SQ because overall we get more bang for the buck, if you excuse the cliche.

Comment

Working...
          X