No announcement yet.

VIE Guide 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there should be a train at least every 10-15 minutes.
    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

A little info for those who attend the VIE DO:

Overview
      You can basically see VIE as two units: the Schengen area (gates B and C), and the non-Schengen area (gates A).

Getting Out
      As it does not really matter which side you are arriving on, I will give a brief overview on how to get out without a hassle. Arriving at the A gates means that you will have to go through a passport control, whereas arriving at B and C doesn't.

If you arrive at the C gates, which most of you will anyway, you will be in a round hall once you get out of the aerobridge. Follow the signs and go down an escalator that should appear after some little shops. Watch out for the "baggage claim" sign - you cannot miss the escalator. Once you are downstairs, follow the corridor into the baggage claim hall. If you don't have anything, just go for the Schengen exit. In order to use it (customs), your luggage tag must have two green stripes on it. Otherwise go for "nothing to declare".

You are in the arrival hall now.

Taking the train
      When you get out, head left. There is a coffee place at the corner you should pass .... there should be an escalator going one floor down (but actually going up!) and stairs there. Take the stairs and walk along the corridor. There is a supermarket called "Billa" there (red and yellow letters) - go around the corner when you see it and head for the trains.

Don't use the CAT (once again I have to say this! It's not worth it!) ... head for the first escalator down which should bring you to the local trains. There is a ticket vending machine down there. The price to go to Landstraße - Wien Mitte should be around 3,40 Euros.

If I am not mistaken, but I will make sure to get some info here ... this ticket also includes a one-way ride on the viennese public transport system as you bought a ticket including the VIE-zones... if it doesn't you will have to get an additional ticket at Landstraße.

I will send you all personalized ways to your hotel, I hope my work allows me to pick at least those arriving later in the evening on FRI up from the airport ... I will go by train as I don't drive

Comment

The InterContinental Wien seems to be at the Stadtpark station. I suppose I can take the metro from Landstraße - Wien Mitte? It looks like one metro station away.

Comment

yes, precisely. One stop away I'm on my phone right now. Upping a graphic once I get home.

Comment

Working...
          X