"Beyond First" Pricing: Unreasonable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Beyond First" Pricing: Unreasonable?

160% on Krisflyer definitely not enough, they charged twice as much, they better give twice as much. Seems that the SQ suites will have an ongoing fares of around A$9500++++ tax for SYD-SIN return http://www.bestflights.com.au/cgi-bi...indetails=4149
    They must be nuts, I wonder who will pay this much, when other airlines can offer first class at less than half the price. Some airlines can fly you all the way to Europe in first class and still cost much less than what SQ charges for a flight to SIN.

- Singapore Airlines -
    A very expensive way to fly
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

SQ has always been more pricy then any other airline, yet people still tend to pay those high fares just to fly with them. Why? beacuse of thier service, entertainment and cuisines on board.

Comment

SQ's fares esp for its A380 F, J classes are very high but SQ is maximising its ticket prices for now till a few months later - once Qantas and emirates fly their A380 between europe and australia - SQ will surely have to drop their exorbitant F n J class fares.

Comment

F fares are ALWAYS unreasonable IMO.

All a matter of your point of view. If you've just bought your 10th Rolls Royce, you might as well pay for this...
          Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
            SQ's fares esp for its A380 F, J classes are very high but SQ is maximising its ticket prices for now till a few months later - once Qantas and emirates fly their A380 between europe and australia - SQ will surely have to drop their exorbitant F n J class fares.
            SQ being the first on the market will try to capitalize by setting a higher price. Note the use of the word "Suites" rather than "F" to give a warmer and more fuzzy feelings.

Some with the extra cash to burn...I think SQ expected many F Class passengers to fall into this category. With more competition coming up or/and novelty effect having worn off, SQ still have the option of lowering the price. This is like selling a new and desired gadget that commands a higher price.

The Ebay charity auction is a great way to generate good publicity without excessive advertising cost and gets you on a non-advertising printed sheet (I am fine with the money going to a good cause).

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
              SQ being the first on the market will try to capitalize by setting a higher price. Note the use of the word "Suites" rather than "F" to give a warmer and more fuzzy feelings.

Some with the extra cash to burn...I think SQ expected many F Class passengers to fall into this category. With more competition coming up or/and novelty effect having worn off, SQ still have the option of lowering the price. This is like selling a new and desired gadget that commands a higher price.
              Nah I doubt it is merely a case of branding them with a new name. I am expecting an even higher level of service and amenities to go along with that kind of pricing.

Also, I would think they will not allow prices to fall that much either, simply because they need to distinguish this new class from the normal F class.
              Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Singapore Airlines charging a premium for the holistic product offerred, subjectively extortionate or not, is nothing new so one would think that it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise to see the kind of prices being charged for the Suites.

The Airline aims to always be competitive and as pointed out above, once more A380s from other transport companies come online, yields in Suites and Business will fall back to a relatively more 'normal' level.

If you take this tactic, then it's unsurprising that an Australian airline is going to use the A380 on transpacific routes between Australia and the USA.

Comment

Actually, I post my comments on the other thread, but moderator seems to find this an interesting topic to have a thread on its own. First and often business class on SQ often has unreasonable pricing but I think this is a bit too much though. I do understand if they increase it by 10-20% or have A380 surcharges, but twice the current pricing a little bit pushing it, don't you think? I also found that even corporation these days can be very money concious with the travel allowances. However, as flyguy has noted, it may be possible that SQ will lower down its pricing once competitors starts flying with their A380.

Comment

A good indicator for potential future loads is that R class suite picked up for 3000ish AUD on ebay for the inaugral SYD-SIN. If they've run out of bidders who were willing to throw silly money at them even for a very special flight which would have netted the passenger endless bragging rights - what does it say for later?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      A good indicator for potential future loads is that R class suite picked up for 3000ish AUD on ebay for the inaugral SYD-SIN. If they've run out of bidders who were willing to throw silly money at them even for a very special flight which would have netted the passenger endless bragging rights - what does it say for later?
                      Yes, but that was for a specific flight on a specific date, which may not fit into the schedule for the many executives, celebrities, and independently wealthy people who will need/want to fly with them in the future.

Comment

SQ F Suites for its A380 is more an extended F in its 77W - except for "mini doors" - but however it will not be the 1st as Emirates, Qatar and even Jet Airways have already such a ""enclosed" suites as its F class product. But at the exorbitant prices; it remains to be seen how saleable its F suites will be a couple of weeks after its launch.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                          SQ F Suites for its A380 is more an extended F in its 77W - except for "mini doors" - but however it will not be the 1st as Emirates, Qatar and even Jet Airways have already such a ""enclosed" suites as its F class product. But at the exorbitant prices; it remains to be seen how saleable its F suites will be a couple of weeks after its launch.

how do you know that SQ is not going to have enclose doors like ek etc?

Comment

when i meant "enclosed suites" - it's fairly obvious that it is enclosed - but of course not totally enclosed by a full-sized door - even EK suites are not totally closed up.

Comment

Working...
                            X