No announcement yet.

Wellington to Singapore via Mel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With 6 more A350 regional coming in till March, SQ247/248 might switch to A350R since the MTOW is reduced to 250T. (Most likely will be Jan , coinciding with the increase of frequency)

What is the MTOW of the 777-200 that serve WLG? Is it also 250T? The short runway is restricting the type of aircraft that can be deploy at WLG.

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
      With 6 more A350 regional coming in till March, SQ247/248 might switch to A350R since the MTOW is reduced to 250T. (Most likely will be Jan , coinciding with the increase of frequency)

What is the MTOW of the 777-200 that serve WLG? Is it also 250T? The short runway is restricting the type of aircraft that can be deploy at WLG.
      The MTOW isn't what restricts the takeoff and landing performance in WLG, it only affects range. The actual takeoff weight for an A350 vs. an A350R on WLG-MEL would be similar for a given load (190t-200t for full load).

In this case the A350 actually has better takeoff performance than the A350R (shorter runway required, or higher payload possible), since the A350R has derated engines.

Similarly the 772ER has better performance than the 772 (derated) for the same takeoff weight.

You're right though I think they will prefer the A350R capacity and configuration-wise for the route, provided it meets the required runway performance.

Comment

Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
        The MTOW isn't what restricts the takeoff and landing performance in WLG, it only affects range. The actual takeoff weight for an A350 vs. an A350R on WLG-MEL would be similar for a given load (190t-200t for full load).

In this case the A350 actually has better takeoff performance than the A350R (shorter runway required, or higher payload possible), since the A350R has derated engines.

Similarly the 772ER has better performance than the 772 (derated) for the same takeoff weight.

You're right though I think they will prefer the A350R capacity and configuration-wise for the route, provided it meets the required runway performance.
        Very good thoughts and analysis re the takeoff performance of the A350 (long haul) vs the A350R and also the 772ER vs the 772 (debated) @MainlyMiles. However I believe that the A350R should be able to meet the required takeoff performance on the relatively short WLG-MEL hop. I thought that if the 772 (debated) could make it then the A350R should too...

Comment

As its about almost a 4 hour flight from WLG to MEL, believed its not a issue with using A350 or A350R.

Comment

Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
            Very good thoughts and analysis re the takeoff performance of the A350 (long haul) vs the A350R and also the 772ER vs the 772 (debated) @MainlyMiles. However I believe that the A350R should be able to meet the required takeoff performance on the relatively short WLG-MEL hop. I thought that if the 772 (debated) could make it then the A350R should too...
            Yes I agree shouldn't be an issue for either aircraft type so it's likely to be the A350R taking over. Just making the point that the A350 can lift more weight off the same runway

Comment

Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
              Yes I agree shouldn't be an issue for either aircraft type so it's likely to be the A350R taking over. Just making the point that the A350 can lift more weight off the same runway
              Yep totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                Except for the usual seasonal swap from A388 to 77W on 217's rotation (1 August -- 26 October), and the addition of a Wednesday frequency to 247's rotation from 1 January, 2020, there are no equipment changes to any of the MEL schedules through the end of the Northern Winter timetable. There aren't any changes even in the 2020 Northern Summer timetable -- but that's likely just a draft at this point. 257/267 and their returns disappear end of this month (July) and, as of now, don't appear again in 2020.

Source: GDS
                SQ217/218 A380 swapped to 777-300ER in feb/march 2020. Any idea where the A380 will be redeployed to?

Comment

Working...
                X