LHR T3 - baggage connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
    I'd say with 2hr25 you should be fine.. I've never had problems with short connections at FRA luggage-wise either.

On time performance on LH: most statistics are worthless since they list the time you departed from your gate. LHR being an airport with only two runways, even if you depart on time that doesn't necessarily mean you'll arrive on time, that's why the flight duration listed is usually 30 min longer than you'd expect

Bottom line: you'll be fine.
    Thanks mate...
    I hope all will be smooth as silk... (hey... What's the silk doing here..... I don't fly with TG )
    Cross my fingers now...

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    Could you do MUC instead. Easier airport to connect that FRA
    Via MUC then FRA means I need Schengen Visa...

Comment

Just want to update...
      They've made it...
      Both pax and his luggage arrived together unseparately safe and sound at CMN...

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
        Just want to update...
        They've made it...
        Both pax and his luggage arrived together unseparately safe and sound at CMN...
        Congratulations

Just to update on my own OP, QF switched us from QF1 to QF9 which put us into LHR 1 hour earlier. On this basis, we elected to check bags to LHR, and also allow us to use the AA Arrivals Lounge.

QF9 being one of the earliest arrivals into LHR, immigration and luggage claim went like a flash (despite it also being the week before the Olympics - but the again we now know that the raging hordes never materialised...).

In fact, we emerged from the AA Arrivals Lounge too early as we then needed to wait another 20 mins for SK check-in to open...

Comment

Working...
        X