LHR - is it FINALLY improving ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Arrived t5, custom clearance was a breeze yesterday, and same stpry for T3 departure same day.
      But twice, my check-in luggage did not make the connecting flights (1.5 hrs in between)

Comment

Even T3 is not ... terrible anymore. I mean it isn't Changi standard, but as airports go it's on par with Bali, Birmingham and definitely better than most smaller regionals. *as opposed to in the past when it was just vomit inducing all the time every time.

Comment

Since T5 opened it does seem to have spread the traffic out between the terminals do that LHR can cope much better. However the other day when I arrived from BKK at about 6am there were huge queues in immigration. Did not slow me down as I have signed up for Iris and there was no queue at all for that. Plus my work colleague from the Philippines who was on the same flight as me was through immigration in about 30 minutes. And to be fair I do not know many airports in the world that could cope with as many large planes arriving one after the other as arrive at T3 ealry in the morning without their being queues at immigration.

Comment

Now the desks have moved in t3 its so much better, still not a great way to start a trip though but we are spoilt by Changi.

Comment

Went through T5 yesterday - had fast track, so not necessarily a representative experience, but it was pleasant enough. Haven't yet had a horrible experience there yet, plus - being there means I'm in one of my favourite cities on this planet, so I take the good with the bad

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                Even T3 is not ... terrible anymore.
                I braved T3 in August. Departure was ok as I had a nice time in the Virgin Clubhouse but arriving on a weekday morning still required an one hour queue for immigration.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  Went through T5 yesterday - had fast track, so not necessarily a representative experience
                  I always check because in the past, it's not unknown for slow track to have a shorter queue (due to lack of enforcement by BAA of the fast track entrance).

Comment

Just landed on SQ318 last night, aerobridge were faulty and everyone had to use the mobile steps down to deplane. Immigration was pretty fast... according to the IFS those aerobridge have been faulty for a month. (Didn't notice what gate though, was in a hurry)

Comment

I stand terribly corrected on my previous post dated 4th September. I don't know what possessed me to compliment Heathrow. It has disappointed me three times in rapid succession since November.

Got delayed out of Heathrow coming back from MXP, the plane arrived late at MXP, as well as spent a lot of time circling around, waiting for landing slot.

The monumental queues at T3 arriving from SIN on the A380 AND then after 45 minutes at the immigration, the bags at baggage claim weren't even out yet. Waited in total close to 2 hours.

Departing late from TXL, because Heathrow couldn't accomodate, and then having to circle in the air for 40 minutes. Arriving at T1, to face a sea of people queuing up, and destroying my "safe" buffer zone of 1.5 hrs between me and my bus, leaving me to catch the next one which was another hour in. And I THOUGHT delaying 1.5 hrs was adequate.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                        I stand terribly corrected on my previous post dated 4th September. I don't know what possessed me to compliment Heathrow. It has disappointed me three times in rapid succession since November.

Got delayed out of Heathrow coming back from MXP, the plane arrived late at MXP, as well as spent a lot of time circling around, waiting for landing slot.

The monumental queues at T3 arriving from SIN on the A380 AND then after 45 minutes at the immigration, the bags at baggage claim weren't even out yet. Waited in total close to 2 hours.

Departing late from TXL, because Heathrow couldn't accomodate, and then having to circle in the air for 40 minutes. Arriving at T1, to face a sea of people queuing up, and destroying my "safe" buffer zone of 1.5 hrs between me and my bus, leaving me to catch the next one which was another hour in. And I THOUGHT delaying 1.5 hrs was adequate.
                        man, I will be landing at Heathrow on Tuesday morning with SQ322 and also on a EU domestic on Sunday with AF1980....

is it really so bad?
                        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Arrived into LHR T1 on a LH flight from FRA last week. The plane circled in the air for a good 20 minutes before proceeding with it's final descent into LHR. However, immigration for international passports were not bad at all, only had to wait 10-15 minutes. Had to wait for checked baggage to come out nonetheless.

Morning arrivals into LHR T3 (even with Fast Track) are always a nightmare as flights from SQ, CX, BA, QF, VS, MH, TG (just to name a few) arrive with JumboJets/WhaleJets full of pax from Asia (and Australia).

Comment

Not counting the departure during the 3 inches of snowmageddon just before Christmas, my LHR experiences in the last few months have been extremely good both at T5 with BA and T4 with DL - Fast Track security has been fast, no delays on landing, IRIS has been working on arrival, baggage has arrived at Changi speed.

I bet I've jinxed myself for tomorrow morning's BA flight out of T3 now...

Comment

Just landed about 4 hours ago from SQ322..... first one in Y out of the aircraft and raced to immigration, arrived and saw about 50 persons ahead of me in line.......

Just my luck when it was about 7 more persons to go, three counters closed due to three South Asian looking persons not having proper papers to enter UK... they were made to wait while the officers when into the office, so effectively only 1 counter was working.... took some minutes,... my turn came, stood in front of the officer for 2 minutes, some questions, stamped and off I went to collect luggage..... waited about 10 minutes...... picked up and out ..... off the aircraft and out by 40 minutes ....
                              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post

I bet I've jinxed myself for tomorrow morning's BA flight out of T3 now...
                                And I did - evreything was fine until we boarded, then the captain came over the PA to say that there was fog in Madrid so weŽll delay and miss our take off slot at LHR. We parked out near the runway and finally got a take off slot 2 hour later. Bah! Should have just taken the flight out of LCY which was 1.5 hours after the LHR flight.

Comment

Working...
                                X