"RTW-fare" priced out on SQ.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "RTW-fare" priced out on SQ.com

It's been a while since I have been on this board. Life has changed somewhat and I didn't need to travel nearly as much as I did in past except going on trips with my 8 year old son, which has been great.

Here is why I am starting this thread. I am planning a trip with my son to Europe in October, this is when we go every year and each year I try to do something unique in getting there.
    Last year we took Icelandair from Seattle via Reykjavik to Frankfurt and spend a week in Iceland which was amazing.
    This year I thought I let my son experience SQ from JFK to Frankfurt and coming back on a different carrier, which turned out to be extremely expensive, not the SQ portion but the one way return on another carrier.
    I decided to look at a round the world itinerary on the SQ website just to see what would come out of it.
    I was amazed by the price I got from the multi city booking engine and priced it out at home and at the computer in my office to see if it wasn't a mistake.
    Here is the routing: JFK-FRA-SIN-HKG-SFO with 3 -4 day stopovers in SIN and HKG and 3 weeks in Europe.
    For both of us it came out to US$ 2,490.00 in Y.

Per person (adult): US$ 1,337.43 (child fare is lower) This is in Economy booked in E class which is upgradeable with miles.
    I am seriously thinking of booking this as it's just to good to pass and give my son the ultimate SQ experience.
    This itinerary includes the A380 from SIN - HKG!
    By the way I am now only a Silver member with Krisflyer; have to change my 'handle'.

Just in case any of you are interested and I am not sure if this will stay around or not.
    Last edited by yvrcnx; 9 August 2010, 12:21 AM.

Its a regular fare from US.. and its published.. meaning that any TA can price it.

Fare is actually: USD$ 2076.00 + Tax $ 415.50 = USD $2491.50

Fare basis is split into 3: HLAO / YEOW8 / HHPO

All booked in H class except SIN-HKG in S class.

Includes 1 stopover priced at US$100 in FRA as the HLAO fare is priced from NYC to SIN.

SQ's pricing on its own website may put it in a different booking class.

In any case, its about $200 cheaper than SQ's EZRTW fare before taxes anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
      Its a regular fare from US.. and its published.. meaning that any TA can price it.

Fare is actually: USD$ 2076.00 + Tax $ 415.50 = USD $2491.50

Fare basis is split into 3: HLAO / YEOW8 / HHPO

All booked in H class except SIN-HKG in S class.

Includes 1 stopover priced at US$100 in FRA as the HLAO fare is priced from NYC to SIN.

SQ's pricing on its own website may put it in a different booking class.

In any case, its about $200 cheaper than SQ's EZRTW fare before taxes anyway.
      The fare you quoted above; is it per person or for 2?
      The published RTW fare is listed at US$ 2,266.00 + taxes and fees per person.
      The fare I got by putting in the cities into their multi city booking system came out to US$ 1,337.43 per adult which is significantly lower compared to the published RTW on SQ only.

Comment

thats a great find yvrcnx.

guybetsy may want to re-read your OP
        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
          thats a great find yvrcnx.

guybetsy may want to re-read your OP
          I hope it's not an error fare. I did price it out with the routing reversed:
          SFO-HKG-SIN-FRA-JFK and the price was very similar for one person.
          There might be a similar fare with starting or ending city being LAX.
          It's a great fare especially since it collects miles and it is upgradeable.

Comment

Originally posted by yvrcnx View Post
            The fare you quoted above; is it per person or for 2?
            The published RTW fare is listed at US$ 2,266.00 + taxes and fees per person.
            The fare I got by putting in the cities into their multi city booking system came out to US$ 1,337.43 per adult which is significantly lower compared to the published RTW on SQ only.
            Oh sorry.. then your fare on SQ is lower.

I do know that the route qualifies for a 'special' RTW fare if booked through a consolidator.. cos a simple SFO-SIN return is priced out as $1000, and NYC-SIN is about the same.. so the RTW can be priced as one way there via Atlantic and return via Pacific.

But if its available on SQ's website.. then do it there!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
              Oh sorry.. then your fare on SQ is lower.

I do know that the route qualifies for a 'special' RTW fare if booked through a consolidator.. cos a simple SFO-SIN return is priced out as $1000, and NYC-SIN is about the same.. so the RTW can be priced as one way there via Atlantic and return via Pacific.

But if its available on SQ's website.. then do it there!
              No problem. I just thought it was a good find in case others are interested.
              There are also other options available.
              For example; instead of SIN-FRA or FRA-SIN, you can also choose SIN-CDG, CDG-SIN or SIN-ZRH, ZRH-SIN on the A380.
              The price is just about $ 100.00 more compared to the one I originally quoted.

This seems to be only available in Y. When I put in C or F it won't price it at all for this routing.

Comment

Working...
              X