Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Transfer Desk T3

Hey, I'm kinda need your help please,

I'll be arriving at Changi with Garuda Indonesia and I will have a connecting flight by SQ. Does anyone know whether I should pass the immigration or can I just go to SQ Transfer Desk at T3? Because my continuing flight is on SQ T3, and i have some check-in baggage.

If your bags are tagged all the way (via SIN) then you can just go to the transfer desk to pick up your BP.

If they're not you'll have to go landside and check-in. Eg clearing immigration, picking up bags, proceeding to check-in, clearing immigration to enter the airside.

Comment

How can I get my bags to be tagged all the way to AKL via SIN, since GA is not a star alliance member?

Comment

I assume these carriers have an interline agreement. When you check in for the first flight, ask that the bags be checked through and show them your ticket for the SQ flight. Even if it is a separate ticket, they should be willing to do this. Ask nicely of course and keep your baggage receipt/claim slip until you get the bags back OK at your destination.

Comment

Okay, I'll ask the staff at the check in desk to do so, Thanks for all of your help

Comment

Originally posted by flyKL View Post
            If they're not you'll have to go landside and check-in. Eg clearing immigration, picking up bags, proceeding to check-in, clearing immigration to enter the airside.
            Not necessarily, if GA are using T3 then it is possible to go to the transfer desk and ask them to re-route your baggage onto the SQ flight.

Can't say I've done this with GA-SQ, however have done it with QF-TG and baggage arrived with me.

I guess it would depend on the connection time between the 2 flights, though, from my previous experience with a connection time of 50mins it did work out...

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by flyKL View Post
              Not necessarily, if GA are using T3 then it is possible to go to the transfer desk and ask them to re-route your baggage onto the SQ flight.

Can't say I've done this with GA-SQ, however have done it with QF-TG and baggage arrived with me.

I guess it would depend on the connection time between the 2 flights, though, from my previous experience with a connection time of 50mins it did work out...
              Does SQ has a transfer desk at Changi T3? It seems that they only have their transfer desk at Changi T2 based on this site: http://www.changiairport.com/in-tran...688165ACBCBB3D

Comment

Does SQ has a transfer desk at Changi T3? Because based on changiairport site, SQ only has a transfer desk at Changi T2

http://www.changiairport.com/in-tran...688165ACBCBB3D

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                  Not sure if that's possible as the two airlines are handled by different ground handlers in SIN. Best thing to do is to inform the check-in staff when checking in for the GA flight to tag the baggage all the way to the final destination. On arrival into SIN, head to the transfer desk and inform the transfer desk staff to ensure baggage is transfered to the SQ flight.

Comment

Not sure if that's possible as the two airlines are handled by different ground handlers in SIN. Best thing to do is to inform the check-in staff when checking in for the GA flight to tag the baggage all the way to the final destination. On arrival into SIN, head to the transfer desk and inform the transfer desk staff to ensure baggage is transfered to the SQ flight.
                    I Believe it will be the easiest way for me, I hope that GA Check In Staff can tag the bags all the way to AKL

Comment

Oh, does SQ has a Transfer Desk at Changi T3? because in Changi Airport website, SQ transfer desk is only listed at T2

Comment

AFAIK, apart from budget carriers, all inter-airline transfers at SIN don't normally require pax to leave airside area. SQ transfer desk at T3 or T2 simply need the tag for them to do their magic.

Comment

Originally posted by dennisandara View Post
                          Oh, does SQ has a Transfer Desk at Changi T3? because in Changi Airport website, SQ transfer desk is only listed at T2
                          Yes there are transfer desks in T3, at both Transfer A and Transfer B.

You need to show the GA check-in staff that you have a confirm booking on SQ to AKL before they can tag your bags all the way.

Comment

okay, thanks for all of your help

Comment

Working...
                            X