Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Narita vs Haneda

Hi everyone,

Planning a trip to Tokyo next March and would like some advice/opinions on which Tokyo airport I should use. I understand that Narita is further away from the city and the immigration queue could be long since it is a busier international airport compared to Haneda. Do both airports offer a aircraft viewing terrace? and how convenient it will be to transfer from airport to city centre and vice versa for these two airports??

All comments are much appreciated.

It would be helpful if you could tell us what time you arrive so we can help you as well as your final destination. HND has some unusual landing times, especially landing times from North America. That would help determine what is your best method.

But without any information, I vote HND simply because it's just closer and more convenient.

Comment

+1 for HND....

Btw, the outdoor viewing gallery at HND just stunning....

These are the pictures of the indoor and outdoor viewing gallery at HND...

It was freezing outside at that time...

Comment

NRT is 3x the distance to Tokyo than HND. Easy choice.....

Comment

Definitely HND if you fancy maximising your time in Tokyo. However should you land during weekday PM rush hour, Shinjuku or Shibuya will take easily an hour if not more from HND.

Do me a favour, pls try Suntory Premium Malts. Japanese beer made in heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalked View Post
            Do me a favour, pls try Suntory Premium Malts. Japanese beer made in heaven.

+1
            AC-SE (2007-Now), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

Comment

HND seems to be the favourite one here :-) The viewing gallery is indeed looking very stunning!

We will fly either from London or Amsterdam. Haven't decided on which airlines yet but most probably KLM/AF or JAL or Korean air.

Also, has anyone used the JAL lounge at HND?
              How does it compared to the Korean Air lounge/Air France/Delta lounges at Narita?

Comment

Originally posted by chinhk View Post
                Also, has anyone used the JAL lounge at HND?
                How does it compared to the Korean Air lounge/Air France/Delta lounges at Narita?
                I assume you mean the international terminal JAL lounges at HND. There are business and first class lounges. I was in the latter last month but only quickly popped in to grab a drink and use the facilities. You can find photos here:

http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201010/001651.html

I don't know about the KE/AF/DL lounges you're referring. I have been (a few years ago) the Northwest lounge at Narita terminal 1 which BA used to use (or maybe still do).

My lounge needs are rather basic so I'm easily satisfied. What in particular are you interested in ?

Comment

I will vote Haneda !
                  Ever since HND opened , i've stopped flying to FUK , NGO and KIX . Find it easier to connect to domestic flights there and way easier to get to town !
                  The international terminal is rather "basic" though .

Comment

a bit late, but HND for me too. Only the problem is that I prefer SQ A380 which lands in Narita. Otherwise I'll go with Haneda. Been using haneda for domestic flights with ANA. Saw the international terminal and it's definitely better and newer than Narita.

Comment

I have spent a bit of time flying in and out of HND and would say go with it. Nice viewing area, good lounge, easy trip into Tokyo etc.

Comment

My vote also goes to HND, just so much easier.

Comment

post deleted
                          Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                            I am a BA silver --- is there a shower in the JAL lounge at Narita?
                            post deleted
                            Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                              I assume you mean the international terminal JAL lounges at HND. There are business and first class lounges. I was in the latter last month but only quickly popped in to grab a drink and use the facilities. You can find photos here:

http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201010/001651.html

I don't know about the KE/AF/DL lounges you're referring. I have been (a few years ago) the Northwest lounge at Narita terminal 1 which BA used to use (or maybe still do).

My lounge needs are rather basic so I'm easily satisfied. What in particular are you interested in ?
                              DL uses a very good contract business class lounge in the international terminal at HND. However, for DL flights, SkyTeam ElitePlus traveling in coach no longer have access. AFAIK this does not apply to AF/KLM operated flights, even if status is DL GM.

At NRT, the two DL lounges (tthe former Northwest WorldClubs but renovated) are wonderful--widely considered the best in the DL system. Unfortunately the AF lounge closed recently, so AF/KLM passengers can choose to use either DL lounge (one is next to the former AF lounnge and hence very close to the gate AF/KLM uses) or a horrible small KE lounge slightly farther from the gates. My only complaint is that the showers are more functional than luxurious, but this is true of the HND showers too.

Comment

Working...
                              X