Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BKK] - TG Royal Silk Lounge (concourse E)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BKK] - TG Royal Silk Lounge (concourse E)

All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

PPS traveling J class - Access to which Royal Orchid Lounge?

As PPS traveling on J class, can we use the F side of the Royal Orchid Lounge in BKK? When SQ used to have its own SKL in the old BKK, PPS on J could access to F side. My last trip to BKK, I was only allowed to go to the J side of the Royal Orchid Lounge.

I believe in a lot of contract lounges, PPS on J can access the F side of the lounge. Esplanade at CGK is one of those lounges.

Comment

AFAIK... the answer is no. I was told by the check-in agent that TG F is strictly for F pax on SQ. Unless the rules have changed.

Comment

It seems like PPS privilege is being diluted to just *G on SQ. I can understand it if it is PPS traveling on other *A airlines. But on SQ? Why?

By the way, can a PPS member travelling on Y class on SQ or other *A airlines have an access to the same lounge?

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
          It seems like PPS privilege is being diluted to just *G on SQ. I can understand it if it is PPS traveling on other *A airlines. But on SQ? Why?
          Probably because its a TG lounge and not a SQ lounge

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Probably because its a TG lounge and not a SQ lounge
            I think that's the reason. Of course TG doesn't want to have their F lounges to be too full...

I don't remember about NH F Lounge at NRT. Does QPP allow into NH F lounge? I know as TPP, I can visit there.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
              I don't remember about NH F Lounge at NRT. Does QPP allow into NH F lounge? I know as TPP, I can visit there.
              No, QPP only gets you into the NH J lounge ... as per info from SQ Japan (which I'm looking at right now) forwarded to me by a certain YVR based SQTalker.
              Last edited by jhm; 14 February 2007, 01:37 AM. Reason: Ooops! Wrote NH F and I meant NH J.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                No, QPP only gets you into the NH J lounge ... as per info from SQ Japan (which I'm looking at right now) forwarded to me by a certain YVR based SQTalker.
                I can confirm that SQ QPP J passenger can only access to NH J lounge. This happened to me 3 weeks ago when I flew out on SQ 637.

Comment

I can confirm that SQ QPP J passenger can only access to NH J lounge. This happened to me 3 weeks ago when I flew out on SQ 637.
                  I guess the similar agreement will be valid for TG lounges in BKK. Hmm now I remember something. I think SQ had an info given out prior to the move and when the new BKK started in operation. I think it was listed there about lounge access..

Comment

By the way, can a PPS member travelling on Y class on SQ or other *A airlines have an access to the same lounge?
                    I agree PPS privilege is being diluted. I know this lounge access benefit only applies to SKL and not other lounges. However, there seems to be a trend for SQ to operate out of the *A lounges, e.g. in BKK (unless they'll open their own SKL after all?), instead of having their own SKL lounge in addition to *A lounge. If they continue to do this, there'll be fewer SKL lounges and hence the dilution of this PPS benefit.

Comment

TG F Lounge

I had a short but very pleasant experience of the TG F lounge today.

There are a number of cooked-to-order/table service food options, including a few soups, Thai fried rice and wanton soup. As for the bar, I can only report that the fizz served is Moet Chandon, which is an "acceptable" primer for a Krug run...

IMHO, the decor is an acceptable blend of generic beige/brown.

All-in-all a step up over the Don Muang SKL F, if in SQ F...

Comment

Working...
                      X