• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POST ORD TRIP looking to buy award ticket for 2 to ICN or NRT 21-28dec

Hello folks,

About to ORD in a couple of days time.

Looking to fly from SIN-ICN-SIN or SIN-NRT/HND-SIN

Retail ticket prices by airlines are sky high during this period. Since on a budget, hoping to travel with my gf without spending exorbitantly.

Please let me know by messaging me via WhatsApp @ 8111-4-1-9-4 or via pm. Thank you.

If the differences between econ and biz not much will prefer biz. Let me know! Thanks!

Let me predict....... hmmm... this thread will be locked soon...
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Hello poondq,

Congrats on your upcoming ORD. Always an occasion to celebrate.

Selling Krisflyer award tickets is not allowed under SQ T&C's and there is a risk for both the seller and the buyer if this is detected, which may include cancellation of award tickets (Not something you or your GF will appreciate!). It is probably not worth the risk, given other options available.

See T&C's here.

Agree that SQ fares for SIN-ICN or SIN-NRT/HND direct are quite expensive this period.

That said, if you are on vacation, there are often cheaper one stop alternatives to Korea and Japan on a variety of airlines.

For example, CX has pretty good one-stop deals to both ICN and NRT in December timeframe (ICN return via HKG is about S$880 for 1-10 Dec, or S$1086 for 21-29 Dec for example).

Also, if you want to stick to Star Alliance, TG will do SIN-NRT via BKK for S$850 for 1-10 Dec. If you have some date flexibility, you may be able to optimise your fare too. 21-28 Dec looks like peak.

Also look at budget airlines, but at peak periods, I find that they are also not that cheap if not booked in advance.

These are just some examples. Not rockbottom fares you get off-peak, but perfectly reasonable fares!
      Last edited by yflyer; 19 November 2015, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Thank you YFlyer for the explaination.

Sorry everyone, was unaware of the tnc that disallow selling/buying of award tickets. It's really expensive to be flying during peak and was seeking for a cheaper option for ORD trip. Sorry folks for opening of this thread.

Loved flying on SQ and hopefully will be able to get the tix to ICN or NRT this Dec

Comment

Originally posted by poondq View Post

Loved flying on SQ and hopefully will be able to get the tix to ICN or NRT this Dec
          Best of luck, poondq! Have a great holiday!

(For SQTalker's not based in SG, it is not Chicago O'Hare poondq is headed to...ORD = Operationally Ready Date...in other words the end of poondq's full time National Service (NS) journey...a major milestone...and well worth a vacation!)

Comment

Originally posted by poondq View Post

Sorry everyone, was unaware of the tnc that disallow selling/buying of award tickets. It's really expensive to be flying during peak and was seeking for a cheaper option for ORD trip. Sorry folks for opening of this thread.

Hello poondq, and congratulations on your ORD.

If you do not mind travelling in early Jan, there are cheaper fares available to be had. December is peak and would require booking at least half a year in advance to get reasonably cheap fares.

Comment

Never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                Hello poondq, and congratulations on your ORD.

If you do not mind travelling in early Jan, there are cheaper fares available to be had. December is peak and would require booking at least half a year in advance to get reasonably cheap fares.
                hi SINFJ,

Yup i and my gf will be looking into later timings for more flexibility, perhaps post-CNY.

Thanks folks !

Comment

Working...
                X