A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
    Paging SQKevin... Able to shed some light on this?
    9V-SMK has been painted with engines installed and is currently undergoing cabin fitting. She should roll out onto the Flight Line by the end of January. SMK will most likely be delivered in February.

9V-SML is also undergoing cabin fitting but unpainted. Looks like a new production sequence as 2 other A350s are also at this stage of production.

9V-SMM is fully assembled and waiting for a slot either in the Paint hanger or Cabin fitting.

9V-SMN is undergoing final assembly in Station 30 while 9V-SMO is undergoing fuselage join in Station 50.

GCHaviation, your friend at EDAS should be referring to 9V-SMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unionruler View Post
      Even if it's possible, it might make more economic sense to resurrect CPT-EZE or perhaps commence CPT-GRU or JNB-GRU. GRU should never have been totally cut after all the marketing pumped into it.
      Agree, don't think there are much business links between South East Asia and South America to justify a premium cabin ULR flight. A tag from South Africa or Aus/NZ is more likely.

"Resurrect CPT-EZE" - did SQ ever fly to EZE? Thought that was MH (during their era of largesse)

Perhaps GRU might be reinstated via South Africa as the Brazilian economy recovers - after all it was "suspended" right? Would anyone know if SQ has ever resumed services that it suspended?

Comment

• Originally posted by Unionruler View Post
        Even if it's possible, it might make more economic sense to resurrect CPT-EZE or perhaps commence CPT-GRU or JNB-GRU. GRU should never have been totally cut after all the marketing pumped into it.
        Perhaps BCN - EZE could be an option if the 5th freedom used for GRU can be repurposed for EZE, just UX operates that and SQ would be a huge jump in quality. Letting imagination loose, using MAD to connect to Marrakech or Casablanca would be a lovely one too, bringing Madrid back to the network and opening North Africa.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ36 View Post
          "Resurrect CPT-EZE" - did SQ ever fly to EZE? Thought that was MH (during their era of largesse)
          Yes, MH indeed did fly to EZE (via JNB and CPT IIRC). The route was losing money, but it was flown for many years because Mahathir owned some real estate in Argentina.

Perhaps GRU might be reinstated via South Africa as the Brazilian economy recovers - after all it was "suspended" right? Would anyone know if SQ has ever resumed services that it suspended?
          A lot of destinations SQ used to fly to on its own metal were resumed on MI, such as DRW and CNS. However, SUB went from SQ to MI and has since returned to SQ.

Comment

• 9V-SMK has rolled out onto the Flight Line. First Flight is expected to take place in about 2 to 3 weeks with delivery before the end of February.

Comment

• http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/...ijing-success/

When the A359 ULR arrives and SIN-LAX resumes, any chance SIN-NRT-LAX becomes SIN-NRT-LAS?

Comment

• I'll bet it won't happen.

Comment

• SQ will do it one day with codeshares with ANA, since PEK direct on Hainan Airlines is a successful route and Qatar said they will launch LAS to DOH (crazy!).

Comment

• Originally posted by GCHaviation View Post
                    Qatar said they will launch LAS to DOH (crazy!).
                    Might not be that crazy with the lower operating economics of the A350.
                    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• MXP coming soon

Comment

• Hello everyone
                        Any idea when A350 will be used for flights to Incheon as the A330 is already back dated
                        Or there will never be an upgrade of aircraft to Seoul

Comment

• Originally posted by Drkinder View Post
                          Hello everyone
                          Any idea when A350 will be used for flights to Incheon as the A330 is already back dated
                          Guess only when the regional configured A350/B787-10 gets delivered. ICN is not in the priority for SQ, plus there is already a flight (SQ8/7 SIN-ICN-LAX) with the new long-haul offering.
                          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by Drkinder View Post
                            Hello everyone
                            I think you mean 'outdated', not back dated, which is a term that means writing a prior date on a document.

I would happily accept Seoul's A330s to replace the B772s that fly to my city and many others. We could send 9V-SRJ and SRL there, maybe SVF. I'd prefer a seat on an A330 any day to one that's over 15 years old and has an IFE picture that looks like a TV broadcast from the 1970s. Your purple cabin awaits you!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              I think you mean 'outdated', not back dated, which is a term that means writing a prior date on a document.

I would happily accept Seoul's A330s to replace the B772s that fly to my city and many others. We could send 9V-SRJ and SRL there, maybe SVF. I'd prefer a seat on an A330 any day to one that's over 15 years old and has an IFE picture that looks like a TV broadcast from the 1970s. Your purple cabin awaits you!
                              Agreed!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post

Thank you for pointing out the error !

Comment

Working...
                                X