Flying to Orlando

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying to Orlando

Is there a way to fly to Orlando, Florida from Asia using SQ and star alliance airlines?

What about through Europe so I can avoid domestic flights in USA?

I guess one option is SIN-LAX on SQ then LAX to Orlando on UA. Are there any other options perhaps through Europe?

Lufthansa via FRA is a Star Alliance option that comes to mind.

Air Canada via YYZ is also an option although they don't fly to SIN so it'd be ex-HKG, TYO, ICN, etc.

Comment

Last year, we did SIN-IAH on SQ and IAH-MCO on UA.

Comment

I would fly SQ to EWR/JFK and connect to B6. No KF Elite miles on B6 but you still get KF miles.

Comment

If you want to do it via Europe and on a StarAlliance carrier, SQ/LH may be your only option. Via FRA.

Comment

Is it necessary to do the trip without an enroute stopover?

If you don't mind spending a day in NY or SF, then you have lots of options.

You can catch SQ / UA or any other Star Alliance carrier to NY or SF, spend a day or two in these great cities, then fly to Orlando from there -- many cheap flights between SFO-MCO and also JFK-MCO or LGA-MCO.

Right now, if I wanted to travel to Orlando, I would do it via SF on either UA or UA/SQ, ideally on the nonstop SIN-SFO. There may be decent deals on NH as well. I don't find international-domestic transit in the US too painful, although I do build a lot of buffer into the transit timing, as the time it takes to clear inbound customs/immigration when arriving in the US can be very unpredictable (Often either super quick or horrendously slow.).

Comment

Why can't I book a SQ flight with codeshare Lufthansa from SIN-FRA then FRA to Orlando through the SQ website? Looks has to be 2 separate bookings. It's going to end up more expensive? Any ideas how to book it cheaper?

Comment

I vaguely remember that’s a SQ codeshare with VS to MCO via MAN & LGW. That’s another option

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  I vaguely remember that’s a SQ codeshare with VS to MCO via MAN & LGW. That’s another option
                  They still do via MAN, and as its the same terminal (T2) it's a thankfully less painful experience than transferring to other terminals.

Unfortunately MAN is not a very pleasant experience at the moment (although surely better than having to transfer LHR-LGW), especially for the next 6-8 weeks of school holidays. T2 is better than T1 and T3 to be fair. The latter two are truly shocking at this time of year.

If SQ had gone ahead with the LGW flights that would have given a better option.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    If SQ had gone ahead with the LGW flights that would have given a better option.
                    Did SQ consider launching SIN-LGW?? Or are you referring to the codeshare on VS for LGW-MCO?

Comment

Working...
                    X