No announcement yet.

[SIN T3] SKL C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, yes, they will usually provide it without you needing to request for it (based on my own anecdotal witnessing of this event)

Comment

Not counting TPR, I actually prefer this lounge over the main F lounge. Anyone else feels the same?

I like this one because of its size, being a C lounge and its not like the food offerings in SKL F is a lot better. Never liked the atmosphere of that one either

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
        Not counting TPR, I actually prefer this lounge over the main F lounge. Anyone else feels the same?
        I actually like the C side better than the F side too (except for the food offerings which can be nicer at F side).
        Seating layout is cozier IMHO.

Comment

My parents routing is as follows: BKK-SIN-SGN , All on SQ & in J class.

BKK-SIN 14th Feb
          SIN-SGN 15th Feb

They are staying overnight at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport (on 14th Feb) which is outside immigration. They actually want to use the Silver Kris J class lounge for a short while upon arrival in SIN from BKK, however, the lounge is for departing pax only. My parents do not want to stay at the transit hotel inside OR stay overnight in the Silver Kris lounge.

So can they at

1) BKK check in, request boarding passes all the way to SGN, & they use the SGN boarding pass to enter Silver Kris lounge in SIN, & then they exit immigration to stay at Crowne Plaza, the next morning they just use the boarding pass for SGN to re-enter immigration again? Will there be any issue? They will have no issue to check in all their baggage from BKK-SGN direct.

2) Alternatively, if they need all their baggage in SIN, can they at BKK check in, request boarding pass for SGN as well, BUT check in baggage only till SIN so they can take their baggage out in SIN & enjoy Silver Kris lounge access at same time upon arrival?

3) Or if 2) NOT permitted, how about another way is at BKK check in counter, only request boarding pass to SIN and baggage just to SIN only, & upon reaching SIN, at Transfer Counter request boarding pass to SGN, then they can use the Silver Kris Lounge, and then they can collect their baggage after that, and the next day just re-enter immigration again using the SGN boarding pass.

Appreciate any advise & apologise if my words are unclear & it confuses you.

Comment

feb01mel, there should be no problems getting the BPs issued at BKK, even for the SIN-SGN sector. And I am sure they can even ask for their baggage to be checked in only to SIN citing that they may need stuff for the overnight stay, however, if this is the case, they would need to collect their baggage when they reach SIN. I do not think the authorities will be too happy if they leave their baggage unattended at the carousel considering the hightened security now-a-days. Probably the best way is to check it (baggage) in all the way, get all the boarding passes issued at BKK and use the lounge. Not a problem at all if they need to clear CIQ and go back in the next day with their SIN-SGN BPs (unless of course if they require a visa to enter Singapore).
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Your trip may be done but this is for future reference of those in similar cases or want to be more creative in their routing. Generally, it would be nice if you book the BKK-SIN and SIN-SGN tickets separately. That is in a single booking session, book the BKK-SIN leg and once booking is completed, you are issued a booking reference code for that leg alone. Only then shall you do the same for SIN-SGN and you are issued a separate booking reference code.

Therefore when you check-in at BKK, since they have separate booking reference codes, the staff at BKK would not automatically assume you have a SIN-SGN flight unless you quote the 2nd booking code. Hence they won't access the SIN-SGN flight you booked and won't tag your luggage through SGN. I helped booked flights for my folks and was scared that because the MNL-SIN and SIN-DPS flights were separately booked (due to SK mileage issues), they may not be able to check their luggage through from MNL to DPS.

If you want boarding passes for SIN-SGN, it would be best to obtain them online. Just have them validated at SIN.

There is 1 important consideration in doing this: as you are treating those 2 flights separately and technically not using SIN as a connecting point for your next flight, your flights will be priced separately as 2 one-way flights. One-way flights are less cost-effective and can even be higher than deeply discounted "round-trip" or 1-stop flights. One way to mitigate costs is to book a BKK-SIN-BKK trip separately from a SIN-SGN-SIN trip rather than do 4 legs separately. Make sure that that the SIN-SGN flight leaves after the BKK-SIN flight and the SGN-SIN leaves before the return SIN-BKK flight (even just hours before).
              Last edited by hybridace101; 2 May 2010, 08:51 AM.

Comment

A quick question if I may. I have a 0705 flight SIN-SYD in a couple of weeks, in J.

- What time does the SKL in T3 open?
                - What sort of food will there be at 0600 or so - I suppose some smoked salmon and scrambled eggs is too much to ask for?
                - If I order a glass of champagne (I am going on holiday after all) will I look like a screaming alcoholic lush?

Comment

1) It's open 24 hours
                  2) Menu changes daily but there'll likely be some sort of egg dish, it's all buffet-style so, it's up to whatever they feel like serving, whether its sausages or carrot cake. Their prawn dumplings are fresh and nice, though. Don't think smoked salmon is offered in general there
                  3) Only if you scream

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    3) Only if you scream
                    Jollygood. I shall only moan/whimper/dribble then instead.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Just to confirm, if I stay overnight in here, there will not be anything to eat? (I heart midnight snacks)

And also are there showers there? I'm just super excited with my first JCL experience and can't decide if T2 or T3's SKL is better. (One J BP can only enter either one right?)

Comment

Originally posted by W_Flyer View Post
                        Just to confirm, if I stay overnight in here, there will not be anything to eat? (I heart midnight snacks)

And also are there showers there? I'm just super excited with my first JCL experience and can't decide if T2 or T3's SKL is better. (One J BP can only enter either one right?)
                        Your J boarding pass will get you into both the SKLs at T2 and T3. Both have showers. There are some sofas at the end of the T3 SKL where you can lay flat and lights will be turned off. Pillows and blankets will be provided as well.

IIRC, Hot food and dessert will be kept away at 1:30am at the SKL T3, not sure about 'snacks'.

Comment

Yes. there are showers and you can visit both. Multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            Yes. there are showers and you can visit both. Multiple times.
                            I can recommend walking between the two, especially if you have time to spare. I do it regularly and rather enjoy it.

Comment

I have a 9 hour layover connecting from HND into BKK, arriving on SQ J and connecting to TG J. Will I have access to the SKL on arrival assuming I manage to pick up my TG BP before heading there? Taking a shower and having some breakfast before heading to SIN would be quite nice. Thanks!

Comment

You will need to your TG BP to access the SKL. I presume you mean heading into Singapore and not 'SIN' (the airport), as that is where you will already be.

Comment

Working...
                                X