A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
    Airbus could always see if new engines and new wing shapes can make the A380 more efficient.

Seems like a waste to just throw away all that engineering. It’s only been 12 years since the first revenue flight.
    This would also likely not result in any new interest by potential customers. The issue with the A380 is just that there isn’t any demand as such even design and engineering updates, that are not cheap as mentioned above, wouldn’t solve the lackluster sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratoliner777 View Post
      Please move if this is not the best place for it, but it was just announced that the A380 line will cease production in 2021. No more A380s will be built:

https://twitter.com/AirbusPRESS/stat...11965434753026
      https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/14/b....html?adkey=bn
      Bucket list for all aviation geeks - watch an A380 take off standing at the end of the runway. The junction of Tanah Merah Coast Road and Changi Coast Walk makes a great vantage point to spot one taking off from runway 20C at the correct time of the year. Best if fully loaded. It is an out-of-this-world experience!

Comment

• At what gate number at Heathrow T2 does SQ322 normally arrive or does this depend on the day through A.T.C

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloodwings View Post
          Bucket list for all aviation geeks - watch an A380 take off standing at the end of the runway. The junction of Tanah Merah Coast Road and Changi Coast Walk makes a great vantage point to spot one taking off from runway 20C at the correct time of the year. Best if fully loaded. It is an out-of-this-world experience!
          That does sound amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by bishop9011 View Post
            Which version will the A380 be for 20/02 at 11.45pm ( SQ322 SIN - LHR ) ?
            Hi @bishop9011, I am pleased to inform you that your SQ322 tomolo, will be flown by 9V-SKV (Layout 3) a year young A380. It is subject to last minute change, however it will most likely be the new A380. You can see the config of that flight (quite full load):

D' Suite class of 1-1 layout (means new A380)

d'biz class

... thank you for flying Singapore Airlines... a member of Star Alliance...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratoliner777 View Post
              Please move if this is not the best place for it, but it was just announced that the A380 line will cease production in 2021. No more A380s will be built:

https://twitter.com/AirbusPRESS/stat...11965434753026
              https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/14/b....html?adkey=bn
              Here is a Time magazine article on this topic.

Sad to see the end of production of this aircraft. Whatever the economics, I always loved the passenger experience on the A380, whatever the class of travel.

I have flights coming up later this year on both EK and QF A380's, and I will savour the experience even more, knowing that flights on this type will become rarer and rarer. That said, A380's will be flying for many years to come, so there probably isn't a need to feel nostalgic yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                Here is a Time magazine article on this topic.

Sad to see the end of production of this aircraft. Whatever the economics, I always loved the passenger experience on the A380, whatever the class of travel.

I have flights coming up later this year on both EK and QF A380's, and I will savour the experience even more, knowing that flights on this type will become rarer and rarer. That said, A380's will be flying for many years to come, so there probably isn't a need to feel nostalgic yet.
                I read about this, too and still feel that if I get a chance to, there will still be plenty of time to at least fly the A380. The A380 has its ups and downs but I did enjoy the fact that it was quieter. Maybe a future SQ trip I will try to fly it once to DEL. My other chances for flying it year round are likely EK, LH, and BA.

Comment

• SIA's 5 newest A380s are only a year plus old and there's no real need to rush to fly on it as they be around for at least the next 10 years or more.

Comment

• New 380 on SQ 308 ?

I wonder what the chances are of the new 380 on the SQ 308 SIN-LHR route by September? If zero, I'll go the 777 in J. J on old 380 is not so nice!

Comment

• Chances are good for sep to get a new or more likely a newly refurbished A380 for your trip.
                      Last edited by flyguy; 8 March 2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sinner View Post
                        I wonder what the chances are of the new 380 on the SQ 308 SIN-LHR route by September? If zero, I'll go the 777 in J. J on old 380 is not so nice!
                        https://mainlymiles.com/2019/01/23/m...efitted-a380s/

Tentatively, SQ308 could be operated by the new A380s from 01SEP19.
                        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Hey, thanks! That is good news!

Comment

• Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knew of any updates regarding the A380 refurbs? Have any been completed as yet, or have any stopped service for the refurbishments to take place?

I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere, I have been unable to find any information.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoChanceToDance View Post
                              Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knew of any updates regarding the A380 refurbs? Have any been completed as yet, or have any stopped service for the refurbishments to take place?

I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere, I have been unable to find any information.
                              We'll have to keep an eye out for 9V-SKS (last flown SQ317|13JAN) and 9V-SKT (last flown SQ222|29JAN).
                              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• We are planning to fly SIN to FRA in September return. My question is, what are the chances of having the new business class on the A380 on the Frankfurt flight?
                                It looks like not very high and we might just depart from Zurich which seems to have the new A380 consistently.

I know there are quite a few different viewpoints on the pros and cons of the new business class seats but since we've already flown on the 'older' seats a few times now, as airline enthusiasts we just like to try and have the experience.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X