A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
    The non-stop A350 service will not have any inflight sales cart to keep the aircraft weight optimal for the ultra longhaul service.
    I can't tell if you're being serious.

Comment

• The regional A350s are to replace the A330s, which are all coming off their leases within the next few years. The 787-10s are replacing the 777-200s.

I doubt Scoot will need all 30 787-10s, but I won't be surprised if some of them end up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        I believe its the Zodiac products that have cause the issues, with the A350 I believe its the lavatories. 2 BA 787-9's had to be pulled off the production line due to the lack of seats. They why they have been delivered out of sequence.
        That's what I've heard as well. Airbus is probably regretting making Zodiac the sole supplier of the lavatories.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
          That's what I've heard as well. Airbus is probably regretting making Zodiac the sole supplier of the lavatories.
          I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that Airbus has indicated that exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that Airbus has indicated that exactly.
            They said so here:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviat...13-gm4qeq.html

Came across this, too:

https://twitter.com/karelxwb/status/743369775242350592

They're a bit behind if they were only delivering MSN50's lavs in mid-June.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
              They said so here:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviat...13-gm4qeq.html

Came across this, too:

https://twitter.com/karelxwb/status/743369775242350592

They're a bit behind if they were only delivering MSN50's lavs in mid-June.
              There were choice-r quotes, one along the line of "one would expect the toilet doors to close properly but they don't". And apparently some birds had missing seats

Comment

• Originally posted by inkoherent View Post
                There were choice-r quotes, one along the line of "one would expect the toilet doors to close properly but they don't". And apparently some birds had missing seats
                I remember the toilet quote - it was from an Airbus event a few weeks ago. IIRC the missing seats are some J seats from CX - four, if my memory serves me right.

Comment

• SQ207/208 currently showing as daily A350 from 01SEP - 22OCT

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...e-sepoct-2016/

Comment

Last edited by SQ217; 12 July 2016, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MLflyer View Post
                      SQ207/208 currently showing as daily A350 from 01SEP - 22OCT

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...e-sepoct-2016/
                      Finally, SQ sends the A350 to MEL. After being stuck with the 772ER on SQ207/208, this is a very welcome change.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                        Finally, SQ sends the A350 to MEL. After being stuck with the 772ER on SQ207/208, this is a very welcome change.
                        Only for 7 weeks before that plane is moved on the SFO route, hopefully it will become regular when more of the A350's arrive.

Comment

• Unless other flights to MEL are upgauged I don't see how the A350 can regularly serve during peak seasons. Can't remember the last time I saw an empty seat in Y.

Comment

• Unless SQ decides to make SQ247/248 permanent x3 weekly, TZ typically goes daily during the peak period too. Remember that this year QF has already added an extra x3 weekly ontop of its existing daily flight and EK has also upgauged it's flight to the A380 so that's extra capacity to be filled.

Comment

• Originally posted by MLflyer View Post
                              Unless SQ decides to make SQ247/248 permanent x3 weekly, TZ typically goes daily during the peak period too. Remember that this year QF has already added an extra x3 weekly ontop of its existing daily flight and EK has also upgauged it's flight to the A380 so that's extra capacity to be filled.
                              I cannot find SQ247/248 into/out of MEL. Is is an additional seasonal Christmas flight? I cannot see it yet around this New Year. Last year I could not find any SQ J seats out of Melbourne for the 10 days around Christmas so there are plenty of people around to fill additional capacity.

Comment

• Originally posted by MEL-World View Post
                                I cannot find SQ247/248 into/out of MEL. Is is an additional seasonal Christmas flight? I cannot see it yet around this New Year. Last year I could not find any SQ J seats out of Melbourne for the 10 days around Christmas so there are plenty of people around to fill additional capacity.
                                Yes, it was a seasonal flight and it basically ran at the same times as SQ217/8 with an A330, but right around the busiest days either side of Xmas they stopped it.

There were literally no tickets in J or Y out of MEL for a good fortnight when I tried booking early October last year. My brother managed to get his family booked by buying codeshared VA tickets which I think cost him a mint. I ended up flying to BNE on a separate VA booking, stayed a couple of days in BNE and then flew out of there- excellent prices and choice of days and the price differential more than covered the cost of my domestic flight and three nights in a hotel.

Any flight they throw at MEL in peak season will fill. I don't get why we keep getting neglected so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X