No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SHA has taken off on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. She is expected to arrive at Changi at 7.40pm today (local time).

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
      9V-SHA has taken off on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. She is expected to arrive at Changi at 7.40pm today (local time).
      ... and 9V-SHB is doing ADL assignment as her first revenue flight.

Comment

• yep, see my pretty pics at post #2369 on the previous page

Comment

• Just curious: since the SH* series is meant for regional flights, do they retain the same range as the SM* series A350s? I would imagine that to lower landing costs, the engines are derated etc. Which might impact the range, if there isn't a long enough runway.

Thinking about this because i'm wondering whether the delivery flight is nonstop or truncated like the 787-10s.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
            Just curious: since the SH* series is meant for regional flights, do they retain the same range as the SM* series A350s? I would imagine that to lower landing costs, the engines are derated etc. Which might impact the range, if there isn't a long enough runway.

Thinking about this because i'm wondering whether the delivery flight is nonstop or truncated like the 787-10s.
            The A350-900 Regional (SH* series) has the same range as the standard A350-900 (SM* series) at 8,100 nmi and is said to be optimised for routes up to 6,800 nmi . It is structurally identical to the standard A350-900, but its Rolls-Royce Trent XWB engines will be derated to 75,000lb thrust. Its maximum take-off weight (MTOW) will be limited to 250 tonnes, which compares to 278 tons for the standard A350-900. Operators will be able to revert to the full 278 tonne MTOW for an additional fee.

The Delivery Flight for the A350-900 Regional is non-stop.
            Last edited by SQKevin; 18 December 2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADL_SQ View Post
              yep, see my pretty pics at post #2369 on the previous page
              Yeah, sorry to have overlooked your nice pics, and congratz for you and all Adelaiders for having a new aircraft replacing the old A330, as far as I can recall, it has been 10 years serving ADL, almost the same time serving BNE (I used to reside in BNE). However BNE is luckier to enjoy 9V-SMx as opposed to 9V-SHx, wider seat.

Comment

The A350-900 Regional (SH* series) has the same range as the standard A350-900 (SM* series) at 8,100 nmi and is said to be optimised for routes up to 6,800 nmi . It is structurally identical to the standard A350-900, but its Rolls-Royce Trent XWB engines will be derated to 75,000lb thrust. Its maximum take-off weight (MTOW) will be limited to 250 tonnes, which compares to 268 tons for the standard A350-900. Operators will be able to revert to the full 268 tonne MTOW for an additional fee.

The Delivery Flight for the A350-900 Regional is non-stop.
                Aren’t all SQ longhaul (standard) A350-900s 275 tonnes? A MTOW of 268t tonnes would be too insufficient for a nonstop SFO-SIN flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                  Aren’t all SQ longhaul (standard) A350-900s 275 tonnes? A MTOW of 268t tonnes would be too insufficient for a nonstop SFO-SIN flight.
                  My bad. Yes, it's 278t for the standard A350-900. I have edited my post.

Comment

• Looks like SHB will be taking up CGK in between ADL runs. Covering SQ964 at the moment

Comment

• 9V-SHA has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A350-900 fleet to 30.

Comment

My bad. Yes, it's 278t for the standard A350-900. I have edited my post.
                        I don't think SQ's SMx series A359s are 278T. I believe PR was the 1st operator of the 278T version.
                        I believe they're 275T versions.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          I don't think SQ's SMx series A359s are 278T. I believe PR was the 1st operator of the 278T version.
                          I think you are right. PR was the 1st operator of the 275t versions. Thanks for pointing that out. I overlooked that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            PR never operated a 278t version of the A350- Airbus never actually offered it. All of PR’s A350s have so far been 280t models.

According to this CAPA analysis:

https://centreforaviation.com/analys...ustomer-431110

In mid Jul-2018 Philippine Airlines (PAL) also took delivery of an A350 with the aerodynamic improvement package and the 280 tonne MTOW. PAL initially ordered six A350-900s with an enhanced MTOW of 278 tonnes in 2016, and can benefit from the improvement package as it operates ultra long range routes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                              PR never operated a 278t version of the A350- Airbus never actually offered it. All of PR’s A350s have so far been 280t models.

According to this CAPA analysis:

https://centreforaviation.com/analys...ustomer-431110
                              Thanks for the clarification. Good to know.

Comment

• 9V-SHA has just landed in Adelaide after its maiden flight to our city.

Comment

Working...
                                X