A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    9V-SGC is scheduled to arrive in SIN on Saturday (06OCT18) with STA: 1215 as SQ8895.
    9V-SGC is estimated to reach at 1655 instead.

Comment

• If anyone wants to track 9V-SGC's delivery: https://www.flightradar24.com/SIA8895/1e1cc668

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        If anyone wants to track 9V-SGC's delivery: https://www.flightradar24.com/SIA8895/1e1cc668
        Thanks for sharing. It’s currently at 41k feet literally above LX176 (HB-JNE) at 35k feet over the Bay of Bengal.

Comment

• 9V-SGC has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A350-900 fleet to 24.

Comment

• 9V-SGC making her Final Approach into Changi during her Delivery Flight.

Photo source: Niner Victor FB page
            Last edited by SQKevin; 6 October 2018, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• 9V-SGD is currently performing her First Flight.

Comment

• Photos from the First Flight of 9V-SGD.

Comment

• Got an invitation from SQ for a celebration even on the relaunch for the LAX-SIN non-stop services. It's Oct 25th in Los Angeles. Anybody here attending? Not sure I can go, but maybe...

Comment

• SQ seem to block the sales of PE seats on SQ235 from 1/JAN/19 and SQ255 from 1/APR/19 onward.

although seat maps still reflect as those under Long Haul.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                      SQ seem to block the sales of PE seats on SQ235 from 1/JAN/19 and SQ255 from 1/APR/19 onward.

although seat maps still reflect as those under Long Haul.
                      That's a pretty sure sign that they're going to go regional. I'd say the old map is still in place while they work out what they're doing with existing ticket holders for PEY, otherwise their lack of placement in the aircraft might cause errors in the system perhaps.

The 01JAN switch will provide a long haul to CHC. There haven't been any further announcements about A350 long hauls that I know of.

Comment

• I think it is a shame that they are removing premium economy from Australia and markets like that without keeping a small cabin on regional flights as personally I rather fly premium economy than economy if I am going somewhere and if they don’t offer it, I would consider looking at other airlines who would offer that product.

Comment

• I think one of the consideration SQ is having to remove PE on this route rather than sacrificing on other routes is due to the competition not offering premium economy product on the same route.

Comment

• A lot of people traveling from Australia are connecting in SIN to Europe. Having PE on one flight but not the other isn't great.

Comment

• It does sort of look like SQ only used the SM-series A350s on BNE because the J product on the A330 was so non-competitive with new competition out of BNE and they didn't have new regional planes ready to go, so they put CHC and IST on hold with the old 772ERs and "borrowed" the new A350s. Now that the A350 SH-series is arriving, they have another lie-flat J product to use instead.

It would appear that PEY ended up temporarily on the BNE route as a by-product of this decision, but I definitely agree that one would have hoped it might have stayed. BNE still appears to be viewed as a softer market by SQ than SYD or MEL with it likely to revert to regional J and lose PEY on all flights while all along never receiving F.

Comment

• Imo BNE is the kind of route that would have benefited the most from having PEY.

Comment

Working...
                                X