Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Singapore accountants out there?

deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 03:44 AM.

Sorry I'm a UK accountant not a singaporian one so can not help with the details. But basically you need to find out is whether accomodation is considered a taxable benefit. Normally the rule is that if something is not wholly and exclusively required for work then it is a taxable benefit. Therefore unless the accomodation is necessary for you to do your job (live in warden for example) then it would be taxable.

Also worth seeing if there are any other implications for example pension contributions are normally a percentage of your salary but would they include any accomodation allowance in that calculation.

Comment

Why don't you contact the IRAS??

When making a telephone call, I normally would use speakphone, and then probably have to wait a couple of minutes before I get to a CSO.

Their website, http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page.aspx?id=84 .
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

post deleted
        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
          Thanks guys,
          Being UK based, I possibly made the assumption that all civil services across the globe were as incompetent as the UK, hence why I didn't phone. I will do so.

Thanks again
          The IRAS hotline staff are quite alright..I called them about 2-3 times before.

Comment

Working...
          X