Opinion on LH regional C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on LH regional C

Hello there! I am getting a quote that C on LH from LHR to HEL (via MUC) is £315. Based on what the cabin interior looks like, is it worth the expense?

You get the same Y seat but with the middle blocked off.

If you're a *G and get the ground perks I wouldn't bother with J.

Comment

"C" on LH on intra-European flights simply consists of the exact same seats as in Y, but with the middle one blocked off, and with slightly better catering.

I would stick with Y.

Comment

Yes agree. Flew LH FRA-LIS and SCG-FRA in May this year and they used a320s on both routes. Nothing special about the J seats really, though I was in Y.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          You get the same Y seat but with the middle blocked off.

If you're a *G and get the ground perks I wouldn't bother with J.
          Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
          "C" on LH on intra-European flights simply consists of the exact same seats as in Y, but with the middle one blocked off, and with slightly better catering.

I would stick with Y.
          And worse, it seems like the newer 'C' seats, from what I'm gathering, appear to be the slimline ones normally associated with LCCs. Even BA is adopting them on their A320neos. What's the point of calling it a C class if the hard product is exactly the same? Even a domestic US F (which is effectively on par with a C) has a slightly better hard product on board, though one doesn't have lounge access unlike their Euro counterparts.

Am I missing anything with the advantage of taking regional (European) C class below?
          - no passenger in 'middle' seat (otherwise, same seat)
          - priority queues at check-in, security, and boarding
          - lounge access
          - increased baggage allowance
          - free on-board food
          - bonus miles on FFP

Comment

Three observations:

1. The LH group treats *Gs one step up from J pax in terms of lounge access (Senator lounges)

2. For flights blocked at 1.5-3 hrs, US domestic F may only provide snacks, whereas in intra-Europe J a light cold meal would be offered if not a hot one

3. For FFPs in which one qualifies for status by tier points or even sectors, these can add up pretty quickly

Comment

Working...
            X