Malaysia - Wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysia - Wow!

Apologies for a thread that is 'political', which is actively discouraged on here, but this is such big news and certainly a shock. Did anyone see that coming, as unpopular as Najib is ?.

Huge news.
    It started to look like the tide would turn in the last few days leading up to Election Day.
    Paging SQFG and SilverChris !
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

See it coming? No. Pleasantly surprised? Yes. There's been some pent up anger and it showed in the polls.

More than anything, I'm pleased it sets a precedent. It means that it is possible that with the right will, you can unseat the entrenched if you're sufficiently unhappy with their performance. The future generations of Malaysia will benefit.

Comment

Yes, as shocking as Trump and Brexit! But in a good way.

I hope it becomes a good example for countries in the region, of how a peaceful change of government is possible through democracy and the rule of law.

Comment

What is there to say.......except, there is/was clearly a reason Najib tried to skip the country on Saturday morning by preparing a private jet for the two of them to Jakarta!

In the end, I think it says enough and everything.

In the last couple of weeks I did begin to wonder if Dr. M could pull it together since Najib was getting more and more desperate the closer the election came - more holidays, raising Minimum Wage, this and that......

Comment

Working...
          X