We love the Swiss DO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
    I shall certainly look into it, please feel free to nag me as this is often the only way to get me moving on such things
    Nag, Nag, Nag, Nag, Nag, Nag

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
      I shall certainly look into it, please feel free to nag me as this is often the only way to get me moving on such things
      Originally posted by Lobster View Post
      Nag, Nag, Nag, Nag, Nag, Nag
      Nag

nag

nag

nag

nag

Come on The Nickbots! Instead of skiing in Austria, why not in Switzerland this time?

Comment

I thought it was arm-twisting that works better?!?

It seems nagging or arm-twisting achieves the same result

Comment

HUGE AL, there is no option for you to audit my thread on this little DO/meet, so you should quit trying! Why don't you spend more constructive time working on your swings instead? You've not progressed beyond your first hole (in LA) and I've completed all 18 already. Time to catch up!

Comment

Just an update on our haphazard little plan...

kyo+ would only have about 20 hours in ZRH. He and I would very likely be running around on his whirlwind tour of ZRH, with random sightseeing and food trials along the way. We would love some company of course!

I do understand that some of you would be familiar with the touristy sights of ZRH already and would prefer a more leisurely approach. For some, cafes and meal times are usually the highlights of a Do/meet, since we all get to sit down, eat and chat for an extended period.

I therefore propose the main events to be the dinner on Sat night (since kyo+ might be leaving early on Sunday) and lunch/tea on Sunday (for anyone who would still be around). Would that be a sensible plan?

I subscribe to the theory that everyone is capable of managing their own activities and doing their own thing. Everyone is free to choose what they want to do. But just for the needy ones (read HUGE AL), I could be persuaded to come up with individual customized planners, starting with a wake-up call, breakfast in bed, sourcing of various exotic fruits...
            Last edited by phaleesy; 15 November 2009, 07:09 AM.

Comment

The ZRH DO is not likely to go ahead. Please do not book your tickets.

There would be a change of location. We'd keep you informed asap. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                The ZRH DO is not likely to go ahead. Please do not book your tickets.

There would be a change of location. We'd keep you informed asap. Sorry.
                I found out in the nick of time! Was about to book ZRH tix!

Here's hoping that the new location will be somewhere with things to see and, most importantly, good food to eat!

Comment

jhm: Throw me a reasonably outlandish route taking 3 days from BCN-SIN without a stopover, accessible by *A + BA from LHR, and I'll be there...

Without any LH F sectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    jhm: Throw me a reasonably outlandish route taking 3 days from BCN-SIN without a stopover, accessible by *A + BA from LHR, and I'll be there...
                    Not outlandish but why not LH BCN-MXP ? Accessible by BA or AZ. The food there is not the best in Italy but still better than (IMHO and e.g.) BRU - fine dining at places like Cracco (a restaurant which I'd like to try again) or cheaper more down to earth places!

Comment

MXP sounds good. I'd have to change my reservation at the PH ZRH to MXP now. I'm such a hotel slut these days!

Comment

lol..

I'm actually doing everything in my power to maintain ZRH at the moment. At this moment it'd be an early morning departure on a Sunday from BCN to ZRH, giving me only one day in ZRH before attempting LX into HKG.

jhm: I think you're more or less aware of my itinerary, maybe have a play around and see what can be done? It's a toughie for sure...

If in MXP what do you suggest for MXP-***-SIN? Don't wanna do SQ in Y.

Comment

ZRH works for me too. I haven't there since two years ago for the Yodeldee Do and twice before that just to fly SQ ZRH-MAN-ZRH. Italian food is better but Zurich is a pleasant enough city.

Comment

I arrive 11am in ZRH on the 20th. Confirmed! Finally!

Let's YODELDEE DO ZRH!

Comment

I'm booked!

20 Feb - BA712
                              LHR 8:55
                              ZRH 11:45

21 Feb - BA719
                              ZRH 19:05
                              LHR 19:55

Kyo, I think I arrive about the same time as you so we can perhaps meet at the airport and then take the train into town.

In ZRH, I've stayed at the SPG options - the Arabella (twice) and the Four Points - and the Sofitel; and the Four Points was my favourite. It has non-fussy decor (unlike the Arabella) and I got upgraded to a junior suite (unlike the Arabella). I found that the Sihlcity location of the Four Points isn't more inconvenient than that of the Arabella so I've booked the Four Points again.

As far as eating goes, I've eaten before at the Zunfthaus Zur Waag which is a restaurant in the old guildhall located in the cobbled own town.

It was recommended to me by the taxi driver from the airport when I asked for somewhere with traditional Swiss food. I thought the food was decent. The menu is here. If we want to go, we have to make a reservation as I tried going once before but they were full.

Of course, any other recommendations for food welcome!
                              Last edited by jhm; 8 January 2010, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Or we could eat Italian and find the wobbly wobbly pannacotta and the handsome Swiss waiter again!

Comment

Working...
                                X