Clear All

• Pls recommend good hotels in Ho Chi Minh & Hanoi

Hi, Pls help to recommend good hotels in Ho Chi Minh & Hanoi

Thanks

How much you wanna spend?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      How much you wanna spend?
      That's the key!. The good ones are all very expensive nowadays compared to a couple of years ago.

Comment

Between S$300 to S$400 per night

Comment

Well that would have got you a room at any Hotel a couple of years ago, now it's pot luck on what rates you can get when you are visiting.

It's not high season at them moment so if you're going soon you could get be alright. The main/best ones in HCMC are (in no particular order) Sheraton, Renaisance, Hyatt, Caravelle, Sofitel. I have stayed in the first two of those well over 20 times and, aside from bringing tears to my eyes when I see the rates now compared to not too long ago, would recommend them both. The Sheraton is a much better quality Hotel so if the rates are similar go for that. There is also a Duxton hotel in HCMC that a friend of mine uses and recommends. They are all in District 1.

For Hanoi you have Hilton, Sheraton, Melia, Intercontinental, Nikko, Sofitel Metropole that I know. I have stayed at the first three and had a tour of the Intercon. The Intercon had only just had a soft opening when I looked around but it's a fabulous place, although a little out of the centre (on Westlake next to the Sheraton). Again prices have rocketed so it's pot luck what you get quoted. I saw a rate of almost USD 400 for the Hilton earlier this year. I used to stay there for about USD 95 !!!.

Comment

Man Flyer, thanks for your recommendations.

I am also eyeing the Sheraton at HCMC, corporate rate on a Grand Tower Studio Room is at USD295 per night.

As for Hanoi, I am still looking around, maybe will also stay at Sheraton. I am still looking out for better recommendations.

Regards

Comment

I had pretty good memories of Somerset, though one wouldn't probably qualify it as a Hotel. But still, Somerset HCMC is pretty good
              Life's A Bitch,
              Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Well with any luck, the recent performance of the local stock market (~ -60%) will be a leading indicator of hotel rates...

Comment

HCMC: Riverside Renaissance - good place and stayed there twice, nice lemongrass soap

Hanoi: Daewoo Hotel - 5 star, huge hotel, has character, surrounded by misty lakes, also very nice

I hear Sofitel is not bad and soon, the Pullman will be coming online..

Comment

I have stayed at the Melia Hanoi and it probably wouldn't be my first choice if I went back again. Standard characterless business hotel with rather dated furnishings. I stayed in an executive room with access to the executive lounge, which did serve perfectly adequate cocktails. Otherwise, unmemorable.

Comment

Brad and Angelina stayed at Hyatt when looking for Maddox. Me too!

Comment

I have stayed at both Park Hyatt and Sheraton in Saigon and found both very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                          Brad and Angelina stayed at Hyatt when looking for Maddox. Me too!
                          fyi, angelina found maddox long before she found brad.

Comment

My mistake! We were there last year

Comment

Working...
                            X