Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
    Isn't that when SQFG swings by?
    Exactly that! I'll send my regards to you when I see her.

One or both of you two should organise a KUL Do sometime - it should be fun but given your work and other schedules, I'd imagine it'll probably be difficult to find a time when you can both attend. Oh well!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      it'll probably be difficult to find a time when you can both attend.
      More so than you can imagine............................

Comment

I was hoping y'all hadn't forgotten
        Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        ...Post-dinner drinks: venue TBD. We think the beautiful cawhite might be able to join us (and she might be able to drag the equally gorgeous Jenbel with her), so it wouldn't be too late to salvage a good night if you're only available after 10 pm. ...
        Not pre-drinkies too?

The two of us out together in London... the place may never be the same again
        Last edited by cawhite; 18 November 2006, 10:17 AM.

Comment

... I expect the ORD SIN "Graeters" Do soon to compensate! ...
          Since there's no Graeters in Cgo, the Graeters weekend would need to be in Cinti

Comment

Ooops! Graeters in Cinti but I'm sure Cgo must have something just or almost as nice.

Comment

So, Mr Indirect Routing (that's CGK for those on more formal terms with our resident sweetie and guardian angel) will grace my home city with his presence in a week's time, and we've managed to rustle up a posse to celebrate his arrival.

The posse:
              CGK
              guttorm
              Lobster
              and yours truly

Agenda for Saturday 25 Nov:

Pre-dinner cocktails at 6 pm at the now-established LON SIN Do pre-dinner haunt, the Mandarin Oriental London -- first round of watermelon martinis on me! guttorm, fashionable man that he is, will be coming late, so he'll have some catching up to do. And we'll try to wait for him before heading out to ...
              You are too kind, Mr. Unsocial-mood-swing...
              Well yes, i am out from COK now... so it's a post-India trip: COK-CMB-SIN-ICN-NRT-LAX-SFO-LAX-NRT-SIN-CGK-SIN-FRA-LHR-LAX-YVR
              And indeed, I need a big cheer up with those watermelon martinis...

Will this be the first SQTalk meet? Hmm soon it will be the first flight on 77W...

Comment

Aw shucks! Of all the weekends, it had to be this one - ...
                Well, last time I was in London you were having fun with mileage run somewhere, Krakow perhaps...

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                  I was hoping y'all hadn't forgotten

Not pre-drinkies too?

The two of us out together in London... the place may never be the same again
                  Of course, pre-drinkies too. But I thought you would still be making your social rounds by the time we sat down and sipped our first martinis?
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I'm getting a bit confused about what makes a Do. I knew about the cheer up jjpb3 session (there was a post about it) but wasn't sure whether that counted as a Do! And I didn't realise I would be going to one next December!
                    Do's for SIN/Bali Doers consist of 3 SQ regulars or admirers. We check for the latter with an oath of loyalty (or when CGK is around, by flashing ink blots resembling TraitorAir's logo and looking at the reaction).

Comment

Can't do it unfortunately...

We would have loved to come, we really would, but we just can't do it. We are having an extension built on the house and they are starting next weekend, so you can imagine the stuff we've got to do to get ready for a month of mayhem in the house...

Having just been away for 10 days, coupled with another trip next Wednesday to Friday night means I will have little time to prepare anyway.

Have fun all, as I am sure you will...

Comment

You know this means we'll have to have a MAN SIN Do to celebrate the completion of the extension, right?

Good luck with the preparations. I hope you're enjoying some good sunny weather up north. (The trees in Russell Square are blazing with sunlight.)

Comment

Someday, somehow - I'd make it to a SIN DO.

*looks on wistfully*
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                            Someday, somehow - I'd make it to a SIN DO.

*looks on wistfully*
                            Eh? The SIN Do (actually located in SIN) where you met MovieMan, Savage25, et al didn't count? Surely you can remember the overrated restaurant at the Shangri-La (sorry about that choice ). At the very least the pre-dinner cocktails at the MO were quite good.

Comment

Do's for SIN/Bali Doers consist of 3 SQ regulars or admirers. We check for the latter with an oath of loyalty (or when CGK is around, by flashing ink blots resembling TraitorAir's logo and looking at the reaction).
                              You should see CGKs reaction when I turned at at his Vancouver apartment in a TraitorAir T-Shirt....

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                                You should see CGKs reaction when I turned at at his Vancouver apartment in a TraitorAir T-Shirt....
                                I would've thought his apartment building's TraitorAir color scheme would have immunized him somewhat. In any case, IIRC, he has a TraitorAir teddy bear!

Comment

Working...
                                X