Exhibition 30 Oct - 11 Nov 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhibition 30 Oct - 11 Nov 2012

Not sure how many London based SQTalkers there are. I've got an exhibition from 31 Oct to 11 Nov at the Lauderdale House in North London.
    http://www.lauderdalehouse.co.uk/pag...ID=3&PVID=1151

The private view is on the 30 Oct Tues evening from 730pm. If you're coming along, please let me know so I know how much nibbles and drinks to bring that evening.

Sorry the images are not aviation related. I did not even fly to the locations to get the images. I drove! Up and down the UK, all the way up to Scotland, to the Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands.

So I have not been flying in the last year. But lots of miles clocked up on my little VW.

Congratulations, Phaleesy! I'll certainly stop by if I happen to be in London.

Comment

Congratulations. What great timing, I love London in November

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      So I have not been flying in the last year. But lots of miles clocked up on my little VW.
      Is it a VW Beetle? My girlfriends in Rio drive a classic beetle or a "fusca" as they call it in Brasil. So many fun times driving back and forth across the Rio-Niteroi bridge in that adorable fusquinha!!! You should do a TR based on your little VW
      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Would have loved to see this, but I'm only going to be in London on 17 November.

Comment

Congrats phaleesy

I'd love to see but too short notice!

Comment

Congratulations on your exhibition. Regretfully, I am on the other side of the pond during that time.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes.

Exhibition went on well. Did not realise it would be such hard work. Was still photoshopping, printing and drying the images the weekend before the exhibition. Still frantically framing on the morning I was to hang the images.

Finally drove down to Highgate with 23 images in the late afternoon. A2+ frames were really bulky and heavy, and we had to unload from the car and run up and down the stairs with fragile acrylic panels. Then realised that hanging pictures was hard work. Had to climb a ladder up to the ceiling, tie slip knots through the eyelet at the ceiling, run the strings through the back of the frames, then tie more knots at the next eyelet on the ceiling. Did not know what a slip knot was until that afternoon. Now I'm an expert at tying knots!

Sorry, no TRs. TRs require a lot of time and commitment. That's why I really admire the people who put in the time and effort to write TRs here.

Learnt a lot through this experience! Not sure if I'm in a hurry to hold another exhibition soon though.

Originally posted by B727 View Post
              Is it a VW Beetle? My girlfriends in Rio drive a classic beetle or a "fusca" as they call it in Brasil. So many fun times driving back and forth across the Rio-Niteroi bridge in that adorable fusquinha!!! You should do a TR based on your little VW
              No, not a Beettle. It's a boring classic Golf. I don't really care about the model or style of the car I drive, so long as it's a reliable brand and has all the safety features and gadgets. I was in a hurry to get a car when I bought this Golf. Got it off the internet because it was the only automatic car available within my price range.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes.

Exhibition went on well. Did not realise it would be such hard work. Was still photoshopping, printing and drying the images the weekend before the exhibition. Still frantically framing on the morning I was to hang the images.

Finally drove down to Highgate with 23 images in the late afternoon. A2+ frames were really bulky and heavy, and we had to unload from the car and run up and down the stairs with fragile acrylic panels. Then realised that hanging pictures was hard work. Had to climb a ladder up to the ceiling, tie slip knots through the eyelet at the ceiling, run the strings through the back of the frames, then tie more knots at the next eyelet on the ceiling. Did not know what a slip knot was until that afternoon. Now I'm an expert at tying knots!

Learnt a lot through this experience! Not sure if I'm in a hurry to hold another exhibition soon though.

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                No, not a Beettle. It's a boring classic Golf. I don't really care about the model or style of the car I drive, so long as it's a reliable brand and has all the safety features and gadgets. I was in a hurry to get a car when I bought this Golf. Got it off the internet because it was the only automatic car available within my price range.

Sorry, no TRs. TRs require time and commitment. I really admire the people who make the time and effort to write TRs here.

Comment

Working...
                X