GLA - Glasgow International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLA - Glasgow International

I'm looking to transit in Glasgow at around 10-11AM on a Sunday morning, coming in from an international flight, and (unfortunately) it appears I have to transit to FlyBe.

I have 50 minutes and I'd like to know:

1) If 50 minutes is enough MCT at GLA?
    2) FlyBe, according to my very rough understanding, allows pre-printed OLCI boarding passes, so as long as I land and run to the, umm... domestic side and onto the plane, I should be alright?

Should I not be able to make this connection, I'll have to re-route into London Gatwick, and take three different forms of transportation to reach my final destination...

No other reasonable options exist, I'm afraid. Except to wait til the following day, which isn't an option.

Any other hints/tips about GLA appreciated, also.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    I'm looking to transit in Glasgow at around 10-11AM on a Sunday morning, coming in from an international flight, and ........I have 50 minutes and I'd like to know:
    Not being funny but that's pushing at any UK airport and I wouldn't think of attempting it. Where you coming in from and going on to ?

The one bonus us 'Fly-may-be' tend to be regularly late so that could help you.

Comment

Didn't think immigration at GLA would be that bad, any experiences?

Will pm you as I'd rather keep those locations undisclosed

Comment

Kyo, first off, sorry to have missed you in SIN last weekend. It was just too short a trip.

Back on topic, I have done int'l turnarounds on LX in BHX a few times, even including picking up my BP at the check in desk. GLA is similar in size, so it should work...but it is rather tight even if your incoming flight is on time.

MCTs for GLA on BE are:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.2.0 - Reference: Minimum Connection Time [MCT]: GLA/BE-BE]
        Code:
                                                       DD  DI  ID  II   
        STANDARD:         GLA                          030 045 045 045  
        BE-BE ONLINE      GLA                          045 --- --- ---  

EXCEPTIONS:                                                     
        A/L                                                             

-ALL-                                          060 060 060 060  
        BE                                                              

BE                                             060 060 060 060  
        -ALL-                                                           

--------------------------------------------------------------

[DD]    Domestic To Domestic      [DI]    Domestic To Intl    
        [ID]    Intl To Domestic          [II]    Intl To Intl        
        [TR]    Terminal                  [A/L]   Airline             
        [DEP]   Departure Airport         [ARR]   Arrival Airport     
        [EQP W] Wide-Body Aircraft        [EQP N] Narrow-Body Aircraft
        [SUP]   Suppressed/Undefined      [EFF]   Effective Date
        /Desert Traveller

Comment

Thanks mate, Intenational to domestic and might need to check luggage in means it looks bleak...

Comment

Been a few years since I went through GLA but knowing EDI, 50min is tight.....very. Immigration can be a PITA and if you have to go through security again, wow. My last trip through EDI had me waiting at Immigration maybe an hour and I even have a local passport! We were queued out of the building and onto the tarmac so you can either be lucky or.........

Comment

Thanks, after talking with a few locals I've been rescued via a connection into BRUssels... in the worst case. All good, but generally the 50 mins was very, very not recommended, despite it being a Sunday morning.

And I'm sure on the morning I arrive, it'll be perfectly fine, haha..

Comment

Thanks, after talking with a few locals I've been rescued via a connection into BRUssels... in the worst case. All good, but generally the 50 mins was very, very not recommended, despite it being a Sunday morning.

Give us some reality TV, Kyo; wear a GoPro, record the entire run from plane to immigration to security to plane. It should be quite exciting and will bring TRs to a whole new level.

Comment

I've had enough of GoPros and those who claim to use them, enough to last me for quite awhile now, thanks

Comment

when will you be flying to BRU???

I will be on TG to BRU on Monday night/Tuesday morning....
                    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I'm not flying to BRU anymore as I've been further rescued into an unlikely connection into LHR.

Comment

I'm not flying to BRU anymore as I've been further rescued into an unlikely connection into LHR.
                        ok ok noted, BKK F Lounge Monday (17th) night... u there??
                        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I almost never fly ex-BKK on weekdays unless it's a public holiday, buddy. Out on Fri night, back on Sun nights, repeat repeat... always the same

Comment

Working...
                          X