[SYD] "New" Qantas F lounge - reopened May 07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    The lounges were designed by Marc Newman, aka Mr Skybeds. I believe he's charged with designing QF's A380 cabins. I might be a tad presumptuous - but I sure hope the A380 cabins also have that hip and groovy look.
    I think you mean Marc Newson

Is the food in the First lounge pretty much the same as in Business lounge (ie. no hot food served)?

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
      I think you mean Marc Newson
      Yes indeed.

Originally posted by andySYD
      Is the food in the First lounge pretty much the same as in Business lounge (ie. no hot food served)?
      They have an actual restaurant in the new Flounge - complete with Neil Perry menus and wait staff.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        Yes indeed.

They have an actual restaurant in the new Flounge - complete with Neil Perry menus and wait staff.
        I like it Keith,..."Flounge",...is that a Keithism or a previously established word?

"I'll meet you in the Flounge!"

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
          I like it Keith,..."Flounge",...is that a Keithism or a previously established word?

Does that mean that there's a Clounge as well?

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post

I must confess that the word was invented on Australian Frequent Flyer. Or the QF board on TOF. Can't remember which.

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            Does that mean that there's a Clounge as well?
            Clounge - that's a good one.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I used the Melbourne "Flounge" in July and was VERY impressed. They actually look like they put some effort into doing something good for once. The Neil Perry food was , i had the "Signature Burger" a great way to fill you up before the flight! (Especially seeing as my QF29 flight got stuck at gate for 2 hours as the cockpit window wouldnt de-ice, and we couldnt get off the plane)

Comment

I actually tried this much famed QF F Lounge at SYD for the first time a few weeks ago. I was flying BA ex-SYD for a change instead of SQ or TG.

I agree that it is a very nice place, the food was excellent and they had a very nice Rose to drink, which in itself is unusual in airport or hotel lounges. It's nice and airy and had great views of the runway and beyond. It was very busy though as they do let any riff raff in with Gold or Platinum Cards rather than just F pax.

How or where would I rate against other so called 'bestest lounges in de world cos we've won awards see' ?. Quite high but not my favourite, which remains the VS CH at LHR. I would rate it higher than the LH F lounges or Terminal in FRA and MUC purely due to the aforementioned light and views and it's definitely better than TPR, which I find myself spending less and less time in these days. It does reinforce my view that if you put lots of windows and natural light in a lounge it makes such a difference rather than windowless boxes a la SKL HKG, MEL, BNE, PER etc and the very annoying grills on TPR windows which spoil the view from there.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  I actually tried this much famed QF F Lounge at SYD for the first time a few weeks ago. I was flying BA ex-SYD for a change instead of SQ or TG.

I agree that it is a very nice place, the food was excellent and they had a very nice Rose to drink, which in itself is unusual in airport or hotel lounges. It's nice and airy and had great views of the runway and beyond.
                  One of my all time favourite lounges!

It was very busy though as they do let any riff raff in with Gold or Platinum Cards rather than just F pax.
                  Which is fortunate for this riff raff, because then I could get in to take pictures, and post them in a TR here...

Comment

How or where would I rate against other so called 'bestest lounges in de world cos we've won awards see' ?.
                    That in itself is a thread on its' own

Comment

Working...
                    X