Surprising note on M&M web page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprising note on M&M web page.

When looking at Miles and More web page for staralliance mileage information, I saw the following comment:

*Award bookings for flights in First and Business Class on Singapore Airlines' B777-300ER, as well as Suites and Business Class on Singapore Airlines' A380, are currently not available. Award bookings on other Singapore Airlines aircraft types, as well as on the A380 and B777-300ER Economy Class cabins, remain unaffected. Miles & More is currently working with Singapore Airlines to resolve the situation. We regret any inconvenience caused.
    I found it interesting. I hope *A partner push SQ to make awards available on all aircraft. I am sure, as business partners, all the other *A airlines would not be happy if SQ ended in a few years time with absolutely zero premium availability on long haul flights!!!

Very interesting DeltaFlyingProf.

However, I doubt Singapore Airlines will budge. They will posit that the exclusivity of the cabins must be maintained, let alone the revenue (especially in this coming economic climate).

Although, I would like to redeem A380 J with BD miles.

Comment

I am sure SQ does not want to budge, but wouldn't you think that *A must have some contracts in terms of reciprocity? If SQ is not going to give any F or J seats to let's say LH, then I guess LH would rightfully remove any inventory from being used with KF miles on its own planes.

Comment

That note has been there for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
          I am sure SQ does not want to budge, but wouldn't you think that *A must have some contracts in terms of reciprocity? If SQ is not going to give any F or J seats to let's say LH, then I guess LH would rightfully remove any inventory from being used with KF miles on its own planes.
          But SQ treats their own KF members the same way, i.e. no O/I class redemptions. It is not a discrimination against LH members. What LH needs is to negotiate a way to do A/D class redemptions which may also help with any routes when no O/I class seats are available.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            But SQ treats their own KF members the same way, i.e. no O/I class redemptions. It is not a discrimination against LH members. What LH needs is to negotiate a way to do A/D class redemptions which may also help with any routes when no O/I class seats are available.
            It is not a question of discrimination. It is a questions of revenues. If I am airline A and all of airline B frequent flyer use their miles on airline A in premium classes and airline A frequent flyers cannot use any of their miles on airline B, from the point of view of airline A, it is an unbalance situation. After all, especially with the cost of fuel nowadays, whatever airline B pays airline A with miles will hardly cover the fuel, esp for premium flights.
            Let's not forget FF programs are setup to entice people to be repeat customer, if airline B gets faithful customer at the expense of airline A, I think A should break the relationship....

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
              That note has been there for quite some time.
              May have been. Just had not noticed it before

Comment

It is not a question of discrimination. It is a questions of revenues. If I am airline A and all of airline B frequent flyer use their miles on airline A in premium classes and airline A frequent flyers cannot use any of their miles on airline B, from the point of view of airline A, it is an unbalance situation. After all, especially with the cost of fuel nowadays, whatever airline B pays airline A with miles will hardly cover the fuel, esp for premium flights.
                All? In premium cabins? Of a partner airline? Doubt if that's true even for the majority of the members of Airline B's 'loyalty' program.

In this situation, though, I also doubt Airline B would even care whether Airline A prevents its frequent flyers from redeeming their miles on Airline A. In fact, it seems Airline B doesn't really seem to care about frequent flyer miles as an instrument for retaining loyalty.
                Last edited by jjpb3; 10 April 2008, 08:04 AM.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Dear DFP,
                  honestly i'm not so sure SQ's board and maybe KF members too are so interested in LH award inventories...
                  There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                  If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Working...
                  X