Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA's latest destination: Social media [SQ's official Facebook page]

Deleted
    Last edited by Megatop; 16 November 2011, 04:45 PM.

well, let's hope the owners of this forum will not have SQ take over this ...
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by Megatop View Post
      An avid SIA fan, Briton Khoa C. Huynh, 25, who set up the page, was happy to hand it over to the airline when approached by SIA. He is not being paid for the page.

He said: 'I intend to work closely with SIA to develop and grow the page. Payment was never discussed.'

The London-based banking analyst, who has been maintaining the page since setting it up in late 2006, said: 'It is evident that the fans are yearning to have some direct engagement with SIA.'

He hopes that SIA's involvement will help the airline improve customer satisfaction.
      I think I know who this is on this board...Is that you? I'll leave you to identify yourself; if you want to..

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
        well, let's hope the owners of this forum will not have SQ take over this ...
        LOL, you think they'll mess it up?

Comment

Canned Responses 2.0 (alpha)!

Seriously, the proof will be in the pudding. Are they actually interested in a two-way interaction with their customers, or just the theory of it...?

Comment

Provided it actually works, I don't see reason not to support it

Comment

Colour me skeptical.

Comment

Social media engagement requires a fundamental change in mindset of any company. There has to be a willingness to have a conversation rather then to simply tell the customer what they want. Do I see this changing SIA as a company? If they do it well, and are willing to treat this as another open communication platform, SURE! If not, they best stay away from SM, coz the internet never forgets and rarely forgives.

Comment

I'd rather they concentrated on sorting out that farce of a website first to be honest. It's September today and it's only been a mess since May....

Comment

Honestly did not realise that the facebook page was fan created. It certainly tried to pass off as kosher SQ.

Comment

What took them so bloody long!!! Anyway I hope the same bunch of clowns responsible for the new SIA website is not dealing with the FB page.

Comment

Well I don't see how an FB page can be messed up too badly

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          I think I know who this is on this board...Is that you? I'll leave you to identify yourself; if you want to..
                          Does he have his toilet-paper trip report up on the facebook site?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                            Watch this space........ If they're website is anything to go by......

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                              https://www.facebook.com/HPsingapore?sk=wall

A combination of Bad news, Bad PR management, and angry customers? One UNHOLY Facebook catastrophe.

Comment

Working...
                              X