SQ Softening Up on PPS Qualification: Courtesy Requalification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
    I'd personally think that TPR access for TPPs and First Class section access for QPPs would be the best way to go.

That way, TPPs get the extra oomph they deserve with their superior status and QPPs do not get chucked along with the rest of the general Business crowd.

As for the differences between both sections, my observations reveal subtle, minute but shocking differences. F pax get Evian, Kleenex Tissues, Ferragamo EDT and toothbrushes in plastic cases.

Business gets some unbranded flowery tissues and SQ branded mineral water and L'Occitane EDT.

Though they are not distinct enough for the regular pax to nitpick; it certainly shows how far SQ is willing to go to distinguish between a F and C pax. I'd certainly not be impressed paying a large premium over Y for C.

They should give you a job at SQ

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      I'm slightly intrigued myself as to why you object to the TPR access restriction (for TPPs), but don't see why QPPs would like to regain the F side access taken away during the PPS Massacre??
      My objection to the ludicrous access restriction to TPR is nothing to do with QPP/TPP status. It's the fact you are not wanted in the only decent lounge they have got if your First Class ticket has been paid for in legitimitely (in most cases) earned miles, some of which cost an awful lot if redeeming non-saver awards !!.

Comment

Originally posted by darzee View Post
        Unfortunately no, web still shown as 31/3/2009…..
        PPS status has been renew for another year.....web shown as 31/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by darzee View Post
          PPS status has been renew for another year.....web shown as 31/2/2010
          Congrats darzee that you are with PPS for another year. Hope the news from StarG will materialize soon for those who exceeded the 25K PPSValue this qualifying year.

Comment

Congratulations for another year of QPP!

Comment

Calling SQ Management, hello?

Looks like the overall global and domestic outlook continues to remain bleak, guys.

Selecting big redemption discounts and courtesy requalification are all nice, but borne out of necessity rather than a new well-spring of goodwill. Nice appetizers of humble pie.

And now it's time for the main course, SQ:

Time to rescind the ridiculous PPS Value system!! Bring back LPP and the real QPP/TPP benefits!!

After all, anyone who flies paid longhaul F or J 2-4 times a year should rightfully earn top tier (QPP/TPP) status - but given all these discounted fares this may not happen! And guess what, your competitors have got a clue...

Think about it carefully chaps. Customer loyalty should definitely be worth a few percentage points of F & J load factor these days, and boy do you guys need it!!

Comment

Looks like the overall global and domestic outlook continues to remain bleak, guys.

Selecting big redemption discounts and courtesy requalification are all nice, but borne out of necessity rather than a new well-spring of goodwill. Nice appetizers of humble pie.

And now it's time for the main course, SQ:

Time to rescind the ridiculous PPS Value system!! Bring back LPP and the real QPP/TPP benefits!!

After all, anyone who flies paid longhaul F or J 2-4 times a year should rightfully earn top tier (QPP/TPP) status - but given all these discounted fares this may not happen! And guess what, your competitors have got a clue...

Think about it carefully chaps. Customer loyalty should definitely be worth a few percentage points of F & J load factor these days, and boy do you guys need it!!
                Disagree. PPS Value is actually a decision I strongly support. From an airline point of view, you want to pamper those customers who make the most money - showing up 200 times for the cheapest eco fare on SIN-BKK and then expect special treatment... Why?

Another reason is that qualification by miles is a very variable income: In times where fares are high, SQ makes a lot of money - with the current promos, making it to PPS would be only half the revenue for them.

While this decision made sense, the whole culling of benefits was wrong. And SQ is seeing that at the moment: People are not loyal to an airline that is not appreciating their business. PPS is a mediocre tier: I can check in at the Business Class counter (hey, I am holding already tickets in at least J otherwise I would have never made it to PPS) and access to the KrisFlyer Lounge is not allowed if you are not holding at least a J ticket....

Comment

I have been a TPP for quite a few years. I almost made LPP but had that rug unceremoniously pulled from under my feet with the new system. Despite my protests I only got generic replies back and honestly my intention has always been to simply requalify and then build up some status with other airlines.

I agree with the other posts that there hardly seems any benefit about being a TPP. I noticed that flying recently on several economy class flights (thanks to the economic situation), even the old routine of being personally welcomed and getting your meal delivered first has completely stopped.

The only benefits I see now are
                  - first class check in, although as the airports are so empty now, it hardly makes a difference, and sometimes you can wait longer at the First Class check in lounge than in the regular business or economy queues.

- additional luggage, which I truly appreciate

- lounge access. I also agree that the KF F lounges are dull and uninspired. I ususally end up in the internet lounge in T3 just for something to do. Quite sad really. I also want to see behind the closed door in T3 KF F lounge

If it is true that SQ are going to change the PPS requalification to allow credit of value beyond the $25K, then this is a major change and welcomed. I could take a couple of years off flying SQ and get some real status with another airline. LH HON seems quite cool

So, listen up SQ, you have to do more than cutting fares to keep your passengers. Your competitors will likely undercut you in any case, so you need to compete on your service and passenger care. And to do that, you need to evolve.

Cheers
                  Neil

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                    Disagree. PPS Value is actually a decision I strongly support. From an airline point of view, you want to pamper those customers who make the most money - showing up 200 times for the cheapest eco fare on SIN-BKK and then expect special treatment... Why?

Another reason is that qualification by miles is a very variable income: In times where fares are high, SQ makes a lot of money - with the current promos, making it to PPS would be only half the revenue for them.
                    We agree on the benefits part then.

Now... who said anything about giving PPS to those flying purely Y?? Not me.

But I do say 25-35 sectors in F or J is a better way to reward loyalty. It's not the pax fault if the global economy crashes and SQ has to cut fares.

What you are suggesting is that the loyal customer that regularly does 3 longhaul trips a year in J, qualified under the old 25 sectors rule, and qualified under the $25k PPSV rule, now deserves to LOSE QPP or TPP because cheaper fares don't add up to $25k??? I think not.

IMHO this is another major (previously unforeseen) flaw in the PPSV system. Loyalty is loyalty, whether fares are high or low, and it should be appropriately rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      ...showing up 200 times for the cheapest eco fare on SIN-BKK and then expect special treatment... Why?
                      This was NEVER a method of qualification for PPS.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

What you are suggesting is that the loyal customer that regularly does 3 longhaul trips a year in J, qualified under the old 25 sectors rule, and qualified under the $25k PPSV rule, now deserves to LOSE QPP or TPP because cheaper fares don't add up to $25k??? I think not.
                        A more interesting question is the customer who qualified under the old 25 sectors rule but does not qualify under the $25k PPSV rule (pre-cheap fares), e.g. flying one CRWSTAR2. Are they leeches contributing to overcrowded planes and lounges (as SQ seem to believe) or (former) sources of revenue in these difficult times ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          A more interesting question is the customer who qualified under the old 25 sectors rule but does not qualify under the $25k PPSV rule (pre-cheap fares), e.g. flying one CRWSTAR2. Are they leeches contributing to overcrowded planes and lounges (as SQ seem to believe) or (former) sources of revenue in these difficult times ?
                          Or more broadly speaking, does SQ love any "cheap" premium fare mileage/status runner-leeches...?? [And before any senior member of this board possibly takes umbrage, I refer only to my own past/present/future propensity to mileage and status run... ]

Well, my usual cynical take on it would be that given the known terminally short-term mindset of the current SQ management, they would be rather pleased to have the additional revenue, for now. After all, the planes and lounges are positive choking at capacity aren't they...

Now, when happy days return and SQ's beloved price-insensitive corporate travelers return to the skies, we know what the lay of the will be, no?

Comment

I agree with the shift to use PPS Values instead of sectors/miles as PPSV more closely reflects the revenue contribution. However, I think it is time for SQ to reconsider awarding LPP after, say, 1 million PPSV. This encourages a segment of passengers who will fly SQ more after 25K PPSV per year. The added cost to SQ is very limited as LPP doesn't carry any more benefit other than lifetime validity now. This can be balanced out by additional revenue SQ can receive from those potential LPP members. In reality, most LPP members probably fly more than 25K PPSV per year anyway.

Comment

Agree with TerryK - I can understand the move to PPSV to reflect more accurately the revenue contributions, but IMHO the closure of LPPS entry is totally uncalled for. Whoever suggested it should be fired.
                              SGD 1 mill PPSV sounds about right for LPPS.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                                Agree with TerryK - I can understand the move to PPSV to reflect more accurately the revenue contributions, but IMHO the closure of LPPS entry is totally uncalled for. Whoever suggested it should be fired.
                                SGD 1 mill PPSV sounds about right for LPPS.
                                SQ should revisit this issue regarding LPPS and also retroactively particularly for those who were close to LPPS but were "killed off" by the changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X