Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One year after PPS Changes. Any comments? Suggestions? Expectations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
    Definitely agree with StarG. I liked the stickers when it was around. Shame about the blatant abuse by the few which spoiled it for the rest. Tells a lot about such pepetrators.
    I think some mid-tier management drones are missing the point entirely. If they really cared so deeply that hordes of bad apples were gaining lounge access due to misappropriated stickers, this could still be policed by having the lounge attendants continue to double-check for the printed QPP/TPP/LPP status on the BP. Fact is the cost-nothing stickers made a group of loyal customers feel good, and these morons killed that.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      I think some mid-tier management drones are missing the point entirely. If they really cared so deeply that hordes of bad apples were gaining lounge access due to misappropriated stickers, this could still be policed by having the lounge attendants continue to double-check for the printed QPP/TPP/LPP status on the BP. Fact is the cost-nothing stickers made a group of loyal customers feel good, and these morons killed that.
      I am not sure how bad is the abuse of stickers but the reaction is just to kill off the scheme. However, I have no problem having no stickers and probably the management feels it will save some time printing stickers and sticking them.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        An example of being a pita as LPP: Seated in C class. Got the first choice of main course. Changed his/her mind. Being accomodated. Then changed again. Even after offered the main course from F, still was unhappy. And don't mention about snacks as well as extra attention needed, such as kept asking to bring the magazines to the seat.
        Wow, that sure is a full grown PITA in operation.

I thought I followed 9V-JKL's suggestion of bread to eat up as many Pitas as I could.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          For Cathay, the greetings for top elites are much more consistent, in all classes. It feels as if on SQ it is recommended for the staff to do it, but on CX it is a must.
          Even on LH, while travelling in economy, (yes, shock, horror)... the FA in charge of that cabin comes round, to greet all the *A Gold members and asks if they need anything. Well on that flight I was gasping for air after being sandwiched in middle seat in a middle row after AC gave up my seat from Toronto (long story)...

Ya, even as a Oneworld Sapphire, CX Pursers come round to greet me in any class. Even when I was PPS on SQ - no such luck when I was in economy!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
            Ya, even as a Oneworld Sapphire, CX Pursers come round to greet me in any class. Even when I was PPS on SQ - no such luck when I was in economy!
            Interesting.....let me wait for my first flight as CX GO first (which is probably gonna be in December to Taipei).

Comment

One day when my travel agent telling me some interesting figures about the mileage runners, where they used to hook on to the PPS program. She told me that roughly about 50% of the HKG & 30% SFO based PPS will drop out a year after since they are now issuing more CX J & F ticket instead. A few switching to NH & JL too.

She was asking me if a traveler anyway is traveling in J/F, they got their bags tag in priority, lounge access, & being a PPS, got the same privileges, only in the case of if you are on the waiting list, it may help you to clear ahead with someone. So what's the point of being an elite program like PPS...?

With the year 2008 almost towards the end, I didn't receive any events invitation at all, none in HKG (where my brother is a PPS), none in SFO...& no A380 brochure mail out too...unlike a couple years ago when they introducing the 77W, at least we had a cocktail event, & on-going nice 77W brochure.....
              Last edited by SQTalker; 23 September 2008, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                One day when my travel agent telling me some interesting figures about the mileage runners, where they used to hook on to the PPS program. She told me that roughly about 50% of the HKG & 30% SFO based PPS will drop out a year after since they are now issuing more CX J & F ticket instead. A few switching to NH & JL too.

She was asking me if a traveler anyway is traveling in J/F, they got their bags tag in priority, lounge access, & being a PPS, got the same privileges, only in the case of if you are on the waiting list, it may help you to clear ahead with someone. So what's the point of being an elite program like PPS...?

With the year 2008 almost towards the end, I didn't receive any events invitation at all, none in HKG (where my brother is a PPS), none in SFO...& no A380 brochure mail out too...unlike a couple years ago when they introducing the 77W, at least we had a cocktail event, & on-going nice 77W brochure.....
                Not surprising. When I was in HKG, a number of investment bankers I know of based there were into flying SQ a fair bit of the time to maintain PPS. With the PPS Value based is not any enhancement compared to CX Gold. It will be hard for SQ to have a change in approach in PPS for the better without a serious downturn in the load factors particularly for the first quarter of the aircraft.

Comment

After midnight now in Singapore. I wonder what kind of surprising news we all will hear soon somewhat related to PPS changes? No, not this KrisFlyer redemption enhancement.

Comment

Come on, stop teasing us...
                    What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      Come on, stop teasing us...
                      What is it?
                      I don't think it will affect you that much since you are always in the premium cabin. But this Y flyer, will say "ouch."

Comment

More enhancements to make PPS even better with a small and exclusive selection of benefits ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          More enhancements to make PPS even better with a small and exclusive selection of benefits ?
                          Time will tell!

Comment

loss of guaranteed seat?

Comment

If they say no business class lounge when taking Y, I will definitely be p*ssed off.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                                If they say no business class lounge when taking Y, I will definitely be p*ssed off.
                                Sounds quite like it

Comment

Working...
                                X