EK A380 interior pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, someone has done his homework.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
      Besides the sliding door, SQ added 2 small window to make the suite more open and not to enclosed, while EK only has a sliding door.
      So no windows for EK ?

http://images2.jetphotos.net/img/2/5...1217289075.jpg

If you actually compare like with like, you might find that the SQ central suites also have no windows...

Comment

Singapore Suite is smaller then Emirates? It does not seem like it, EK suite looks smaller and is way more claustrophobic then SIA. SIA Suite Class: Pitch is 81.0" Width. 35.0" 12 private cabins with 27" x 78" stand-alone flat-bed, separate from the seat. Emirates Suites : Pitch 86.0" Width 23.0" . And this is only for the seat and not the cabin itself. One can clearly see that SQ's suite class seat is bigger then Emirates. Besides the sliding door, SQ added 2 small window to make the suite more open and not to enclosed, while EK only has a sliding door. Once those door are closed you are in a small and tiny compartment. .... If someone can prove me wrong, that SIA'S suites are smaller then Emirates, i would gladly step down and say you are in fact correct. Look at the pictures and tell me again if you think EK suite is bigger then SIA.

I do not need to look at the photos. I have been on SQ's Suite and EK's F suites on their A345 , though not on their A380 .. yet.

SQ's stupid design on handles on the door juts out of the door whereas on EK, it is flushed. I almost dislocated my elbow when returning to my SQ Suite just as the plane hit turbulence as I was sitting down!

Yes SQ does have the little windows on the side with the pull down shades, and yes it is actually bigger than EK's. Measurements don't really mean anything. Its the actual feel of it that matters. And as far as I am concerned, SQ's Suites seem smaller than EK's.

So in effect, I prefer EK's Suite to SQ's.

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi
        I think your trying to bring down a great product with false information and accusation.
        I'm not accusing anyone... but have YOU been on either product yet to be so defensive? I just gave up a award flight on New Years' day from Singapore to London on SQ Suites because I really am not that impressed with their overall product.
        Last edited by Guy Betsy; 10 August 2008, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
          I do not need to look at the photos. I have been on SQ's Suite and EK's F suites on their A345 , though not on their A380 .. yet.

SQ's stupid design on handles on the door juts out of the door whereas on EK, it is flushed. I almost dislocated my elbow when returning to my SQ Suite just as the plane hit turbulence as I was sitting down!

Yes SQ does have the little windows on the side with the pull down shades, and yes it is actually bigger than EK's. Measurements don't really mean anything. Its the actual feel of it that matters. And as far as I am concerned, SQ's Suites seem smaller than EK's.

So in effect, I prefer EK's Suite to SQ's.

I'm not accusing anyone... but have YOU been on either product yet to be so defensive? I just gave up a award flight on New Years' day from Singapore to London on SQ Suites because I really am not that impressed with their overall product.
          Dude there is no need to start using the exclamation mark.....There is no need to get all uptight and defensive. Its ok for you to Prefer EK suite of SQ. I really don't care, but for you to use false information and put down a great product is rather irrelevant and totally uncalled for. You can hate the suite for all i care, one person as in your self is not going to effect SIA, but what i do care is when you compare 2 different suites base on wrong width and size that is where i have to step in and defend Singapore Airlines. So as a SQ fan, i am just defending SIA with information that is accurate and true. Cheers sir and good night Also i do not want to sound rude or nothing but when you said "SQ's stupid design on handles on the door juts out of the door whereas on EK, it is flushed. I almost dislocated my elbow when returning to my SQ Suite just as the plane hit turbulence as I was sitting down!".........it seems a little dramatic and im starting to think that you never tried the suites before. I don't know how you can bump into the door side rail ( I assume that is what your trying to refer too) unless you are 3 feet tall and have wide shoulder blades............................................ .............FYI the new Emirates a380 suites is the same as the a340-500. The only difference is the screen, massage chair, different wood colors etc.
          Last edited by singaporeairlinesboi; 10 August 2008, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            So no windows for EK ?

http://images2.jetphotos.net/img/2/5...1217289075.jpg

If you actually compare like with like, you might find that the SQ central suites also have no windows...

Lols i was referring to the 2 sides windows of the suite. Not the actual Aircraft window where you can look outside. Im actually talking about the these windows. The one where Sam is sticking his hand out from.........

Photographer: Sam Chui
            http://www.samchuiphotos.com/SQ380/026.jpg
            Last edited by singaporeairlinesboi; 10 August 2008, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Is there a problem to have a bar on US bound flights?

I always hear an announcement on SQ to the effect that PAXs are not allowed to congregate in groups on board...a security issue

Comment

Its great that you are so passionate about a particular subject,

i am just defending SIA with information that is accurate and true.
                FYI the new Emirates a380 suites is the same as the a340-500
                but im afraid this is wrong.

Comment

FYI the new Emirates a380 suites is the same as the a340-500. The only difference is the screen, massage chair, different wood colors etc.
                  For suites that are the same, they sure do have a lot of differences (screen and massage chair, even).
                  Originally posted by EKrew View Post
                  but im afraid this is wrong.
                  EKrew would be quite knowledgeable about this; I'm inclined to trust his/her view.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

There is no need to get all uptight and defensive.
                    Yes, quite.

Maybe you should actually try both yourself, like Guy Betsy has. Then you could give us an accurate comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      For suites that are the same, they sure do have a lot of differences (screen and massage chair, even).

EKrew would be quite knowledgeable about this; I'm inclined to trust his/her view.
                      The width and cabin length is pretty much the same.......

Comment

I do agree with singaporeairlinesboi that SQ's Suites appear to be the superior product. Although Guy Betsy may say otherwise, I think that SQ's are more spacious. Also, with the colours chosen, they seem much more classy. I've always felt EK's suite looks "cheesy." No matter what others may say, the mini bar seems cheap to me. And the light-coloured wood just looks terrible IMO. But in the end, we have different opinions, and I respect that
                        Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by sqforever View Post
                          I do agree with singaporeairlinesboi that SQ's Suites appear to be the superior product. Although Guy Betsy may say otherwise, I think that SQ's are more spacious. Also, with the colours chosen, they seem much more classy. I've always felt EK's suite looks "cheesy." No matter what others may say, the mini bar seems cheap to me. And the light-coloured wood just looks terrible IMO. But in the end, we have different opinions, and I respect that
                          Honestly, I'm not really sure how to value opinions that are impervious to first-hand experiences, particularly from people as well-travelled as Guy Betsy. I haven't read any references to first-hand experiences that contradict his impressions. All I've read are obstinate opinions based on impressions formed from pictures and fact sheets.

One similarity between you and singaporeairlinesboi is that your passionate defense of SQ products in this case is based only on what you've read or seen. Fair enough, but realize that actual experience does count for a lot on SQT. Opinion based solely on reading tends to be less convincing when someone says he or she can compare based on first-hand experiences. The sharing of first-hand experiences and impressions is why travel forums exist, after all.
                          Last edited by jjpb3; 11 August 2008, 12:00 PM. Reason: eek, grammar
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            Honestly, I'm not really sure how to value opinions that are impervious to first-hand experiences, particularly from people as well-travelled as Guy Betsy. I haven't read any references to first-hand experiences that contradict his impressions. All I've read are obstinate opinions based on impressions formed from pictures and fact sheets.

One similarity between you and singaporeairlinesboi is that your passionate defense of SQ products in this case is based only on what you've read or seen. Fair enough, but realize that actual experience does count for a lot on SQT. Opinion based solely on reading tends to be less convincing when someone says he or she can compare based on first-hand experiences. The sharing of first-hand experiences and impressions are why travel forums exist, after all.
                            I understand where you are coming from. I value first-hand experience as well but I'm just stating my views which we all have a right to. Like I said in my post above, we all have different opinions and I fully respect that. And there is actually one TR that I can refer to that expresses a contradicting view of SQ R class vs. EK's suite, which is the one written by Howard Long.

http://www.v-flyer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23752
                            Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

A pre-formed perspective will have a lot to play in your judgement. Even though you can go and try both airlines to see which is better, if you have that 'SQ will be better' or 'EK will be better' mentality even before you board the flight, its not going to help much. In the end even if the other airline has a better product you will still find something to pick on it for.
                              It also has a lot to do with personal preference. A few examples: Maybe you like this colour and I don't. Maybe I like leather seats and you prefer cloth ones. Maybe you like to be given lots of attention by the crew but I think that they come too often and it disturbs me.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                                Is there a problem to have a bar on US bound flights?

I always hear an announcement on SQ to the effect that PAXs are not allowed to congregate in groups on board...a security issue
                                Not all all - VS have had the bar on their UClass for years now. I think this really only applies to US airlines.

Comment

Working...
                                X