• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
    Now that is a Class Beyond First, no?
    +1

PS: I better keep playing Toto then

Comment

All for a sub seven hour flight. Overkill and bling from the Middle East ?. Never....

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
      Your move, SQ. Let's see what the next iteration of the Singapore Airlines Suites will bring.
      Why bother ?. They can't sell the ones they have now. They'd be better off getting rid of F on some routes, or creating a new and better product somewhere between the poor F on the 77W and the overkill of Suites.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_SIA View Post
        SQ's suites has officially become the Grand Hyatt while EY's is the new Four Seasons. WOW
        lol! such an appropriate translation.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          All for a sub seven hour flight. Overkill and bling from the Middle East ?. Never....
          Following LHR the A380 will be progressively deployed to JFK, SYD and MEL. Now that would be sweet.

Comment

Actually leaving all the bling of the top cabins aside, what i do appreciate is the apparent 79" pitch for Business. Overall 2.04m long flat bed (if I heard that correctly)that is not super narrow sounds good to me. Throw in some form of a mini-mattress maybe for some decent padding while sleeping and you got a really good hard product (from the looks at least).

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
              Actually leaving all the bling of the top cabins aside, what i do appreciate is the apparent 79" pitch for Business. Overall 2.04m long flat bed (if I heard that correctly)that is not super narrow sounds good to me. Throw in some form of a mini-mattress maybe for some decent padding while sleeping and you got a really good hard product (from the looks at least).
              So long as they can preserve some privacy in their front-facing/back-facing configuration, so that the pax don't have or stare at each other directly during takeoff and landing, it's certainly worth trying.

Comment

Personally i can't revel backwards, makes me ill. I always get to a train with plenty of time

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                  Personally i can't revel backwards, makes me ill. I always get to a train with plenty of time
                  I've never flown on BA so I might be completely wrong here, but could it be so bad in the air? (i.e. once all the takeoff phase is complete)

I have a feeling I wouldn't feel a thing unless you look out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by mitwg View Post
                    I've never flown on BA so I might be completely wrong here, but could it be so bad in the air? (i.e. once all the takeoff phase is complete)

To be honest, i think much of its in my mind. Probably get sick thinking about it!

Comment

Have taken the UA J facing backwards. Not so bad in the air, but I do get giddy during taxiing, if I do no look out the window, take off is rather straight, so not much of an issue. In the air, the plane flies slightly nose up, thus if the bed to parallel to the plane, there might be slight differences in the way the bed tilts. If it is perpendicular, like the Apartments then it might not make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by mitwg View Post

It's a subjective one, but it's not too bad after having done it a few times myself... including on UA and BA

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          It's a subjective one, but it's not too bad after having done it a few times myself... including on UA and BA
                          Echoing Kyo++... me no problemo on BA and UA...
                          Just sit, don't think, and enjoy the ride...

Comment

Impressive. Thank you, KeithMEL for breaking the news.

Now, who will be the first to book EY Residence with miles.

Comment

And their sand-pit buddy responds....

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...41673159422600

Emirates airline today revealed plans to offer bedrooms with room service on its A380 and future 777-9 aircraft. According to a Wall Street Journal interview with Emirates President Tim Clark, "the bedroom concept will take it to the next level" and is already in advanced stages. The official announcement might follow very soon.

Comment

And AAB certainly has something to say....

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-plans-...87-airbus-a350

Qatar Airways is working on a 'super business class' for the next generation of its fleet, including the Boeing 787 and Airbus A350, instead of adding a first class cabin.

Comment

Working...
                                X