No announcement yet.

Garuda back to Gatwick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGK-LGW now due to start in May 2014. Three times a week initially on 77W.

Let's hope it actually happens this time.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

It is beyond Garuda's control. The service can only be launched if AP II upgraded one of the CGK runway. I suspect if they still do not upgrade the runway by then, GA may decide to do DPS-LGW and connect the SYD/MEL pax in MEL instead of CGK.

Interesting to see
      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        I suspect if they still do not upgrade the runway by then, GA may decide to do DPS-LGW and connect the SYD/MEL pax in MEL instead of CGK.
        Nope, can't see them doing DPS-LGW instead of CGK-LGW. While the issue being an airport one is 'out of Garuda's hands', the fact that it is their hub and they are the major operator will give them a certain amount of control over what goes on.

I see their SYD flights with the 77W have been out back as well....

Comment

Nope, can't see them doing DPS-LGW instead of CGK-LGW. While the issue being an airport one is 'out of Garuda's hands', the fact that it is their hub and they are the major operator will give them a certain amount of control over what goes on.

I see their SYD flights with the 77W have been out back as well....
          What Garuda is dealing is Indonesian authority. If you ever deal with the. You will know what I am talking.

As I mentioned before GA has said to AP2 they are thinking to mobe the hub to DPS if they do not cooperate.... But well dealing with AP2 is not easy stuff as they have no biz sense at all.

That's why I said it will be interesting to see what will happen in Feb/Mar.

May be by then LH will fly their A380 to CGK via SIN
          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            What Garuda is dealing is Indonesian authority. If you ever deal with the. You will know what I am talking.
            Having been doing business in Indonesia for 20 years, large chunks of which have been with Government/'Official' organisations, I think it's fair to say I understand exactly how things 'work' there, which includes plenty of bluff and bluster.
            Last edited by MAN Flyer; 10 November 2013, 05:19 PM.

Comment

It now looks like the proposed start date have been moved back again, this time from May to September. They are not doing themselves any favours keep messing around like this.

Comment

It probably won't come as much of a surprise to hear the nonstop to LGW has been binned, and it is now going to be tagged on to AMS. Well, this week at least....

Unfortunately GA don't have fifths freedoms between AMS and LGW, which is a shame.

Comment

A year ago, I thought this thing would happen (based on what they did before - delays etc), and it did. This is not unexpected (at least for me)
                  I also thought that they will somewhat drop the route completely. Now let's see if now they drop LGW altogether in 6 months.

I live in Indonesia so I know how they works, and this is typical. Like the MRT. It never happened. Only talks talks talks. That is until a serious, hard-working governor took over.

Even if LGW is a direct flight, I would prefer an SQ CGK-SIN-LHR. LHR being closer to London. Now with AMS stopover, the prospect of me using GA LGW route became even more distant.

Comment

Well unless one of GA's new SkyTeam friends gives them a slot in LHR they will have a tough time to make a direct route to London work with LGW as the only other option (I dare not call it an alternative).

I actually think it is better to do AMS direct instead of LGW and see how the tag on works. Wouldn't be surprised if there are not too many takers and it ends up being CGK-AMS-CGK only. They are getting quite a few 773ERs though which will likely go to Japan or other North Asia destinations due to lack of longhaul to Europe.

They got a decent J product and nice looking F on those new birds, so yes it would be nice to see them go more places, but that lack of slots in LHR is tough to fix for them on their own.

Let's see what the rumors about investors turn out to be. I heard SIA mentioned but also AF/KL.

Comment

It probably won't come as much of a surprise to hear the nonstop to LGW has been binned, and it is now going to be tagged on to AMS. Well, this week at least....

Unfortunately GA don't have fifths freedoms between AMS and LGW, which is a shame.
                      The latest news is that GA now have fifth freedoms between AMS and LGW and everyone can now book the AMS - LGW - AMS sector.

Comment

Hmm interesting, proper C and nice F

Comment

Well you have to admire their determination to serve Gatwick, by hook or by crook...or by stopping TWICE on the way, as they are now intending operating CGK-SIN-AMS-LGW.

Garuda Indonesia once again revised planned European operation, effective 22JUL15. Planned service increase for Amsterdam, from 5 to 6 weekly, remains unchanged, while London Gatwick will not receive 6th weekly flight, instead it’ll be reduced to 3 weekly. For service to Amsterdam, 3 of 6 weekly flights will operate via Singapore as intermediate stop on outbound flight. These adjustments are currently in effect until 24OCT15.

Planned schedule as follow.

Jakarta – Amsterdam – London Gatwick 3 weekly
                          GA088 CGK2310 – 0830+1AMS1020+1 – 1035+1LGW 77W 257
                          GA089 LGW1225 – 1445AMS1645 – 1150+1CGK 77W 136

Jakarta – Singapore – Amsterdam – Jakarta 3 weekly
                          GA088 CGK2050 – 2350SIN0130+1 – 0830+1AMS 77W 346
                          GA089 AMS1645 – 1150+1CGK 77W 457
                          http://airlineroute.net/2015/06/04/g...-jul15update2/

They really need to sort that runway out in CGK for them.

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                          The latest news is that GA now have fifth freedoms between AMS and LGW and everyone can now book the AMS - LGW - AMS sector.
                          They do indeed, and I know a few who have made use of the service a number of times already.

Comment

Well you have to admire their determination to serve Gatwick, by hook or by crook...or by stopping TWICE on the way, as they are now intending operating CGK-SIN-AMS-LGW.
                            Any chance of getting 5th freedom rights between SIN and AMS/LGW?

Comment

Hmm if they fly via SIN there would be another nice C (or F ) product on the route too (yes only a bit more than 1 hour , but hey ... ). Likely a fair bit cheaper than SQ though not sure anyone can beat AF's 500+$ J fare.

Comment

GA does have a 5th freedom between SIN and AMS. The 3x weekly flight via SIN (only outbound) terminates at AMS. AMS is now getting 6x weekly flight with 3 of those flights non-stop from CGK and continues to LGW. All 6 AMS - CGK flights continue to be non-stop and 1 stop for LGW - CGK.

Fare is on sales now to go to AMS from SIN at around SGD 550 for Y and SGD 3450 for J.

Comment

Working...
                                X