X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANZ Travel Visa Signature Card

OMG!! No minimum spend!!

Get more air miles with every dollar

Earn 2.8 air miles for every S$1 you spend overseas and 1.4 air miles for every S$1 you spend locally.

2,000 bonus air miles for the first S$500 you spend
    12,000 bonus air miles upon renewal.

Enjoy the flexibility of converting your air miles into Cash Credit or Rewards Points.

http://www.anz.com/singapore/en/Pers...s/travel-card/

12,000 miles for $200 renewal fee = $0.016/mile, is that a good deal?

Comment

Sounds good but 2.8 miles/$ is not permanent (up to 31 Dec)

And I just read the terms and conditions, it said that the 2.8 miles/$ is for retail transactions - does 'retail' here include all spending such as on food and services (spa, hotels, etc) ?

Comment

Sounds interesting in particular for spending abroad. Locally when making transactions at department stores or grocery stores the Citi Platinum Visa I'm clinging on to still beats the 1.4mls generating 2mls per $. Maybank is tops for Ez-Link and 10x Rewards Merchants & Restaurants and the 2mls for 1$ abroad isn't too shabby either. Then there are all the other DBS Altitude cards, Citi Premier, UOB Privi Amex etc.

Adding another card to the overall mix of four I have currently is getting somewhat confusing though or I'm just getting old I may consider the card though for the income tax payment part combined with the other stuff. We'll see.

BTW,when you read the conditions for Limo transfer and Sats lounge access you will get a headache from trying to figure out when you can use 1,500$ spend for the limo or the lounge as the amounts charged can only be used for one or the other meaning you ant both at the same time (after using up free first 2 entries) you better spend 3,000$ first. I really dislike such complicated rules. Why don't they introduce a "credit" where certain spend earns you x limo transfers or y lounge visits etc. Almost like FFP upgrades (e.g. LH eVouchers). Anyways,
        Last edited by demue; 30 July 2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
          BTW,when you read the conditions for Limo transfer and Sats lounge access you will get a headache from trying to figure out when you can use 1,500$ spend for the limo or the lounge as the amounts charged can only be used for one or the other meaning you ant both at the same time (after using up free first 2 entries) you better spend 3,000$ first. I really dislike such complicated rules. Why don't they introduce a "credit" where certain spend earns you x limo transfers or y lounge visits etc. Almost like FFP upgrades (e.g. LH eVouchers). Anyways,
          And you have to call ANZ to get a voucher first. In my mind, it's too much hassle, to save $20+.

Comment

Citi PM charges S$192.60 for 10,000 miles. For S$7.40 more, you get 2,000 more miles, which is a better deal.

This card is best for Asia Miles earning for all other spending (excluding shopping and groceries). Citi PM's rate for Asia Miles is lousy. 1 Citimile = 0.4 AM.

ANZ Travel card can replace Citi PM for KrisFlyer and Asia Miles unless you want to earn miles in THAI's ROP and Delta Skymiles, you need Citi PM.

It's a VISA, earns miles for every $1 spend, unlike DBS and UOB. Each redemption request must be for a minimum of 500 ANZ Travel$, unlike DBS and UOB in blocks of 10,000 miles.

For local S$ expenses for air ticket(s)/travel package(s) from travel agents & airlines, purchases at Perfumes & Cosmetics outlets in Singapore Changi Airport, please use Maybank Horizon Visa Platinum Card, S$1 = 2 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
              And I just read the terms and conditions, it said that the 2.8 miles/$ is for retail transactions - does 'retail' here include all spending such as on food and services (spa, hotels, etc) ?
              Usually, it just refers to "real" transactions and not cash advances, late payment charges, balance transfers, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                It's a VISA, earns miles for every $1 spend, unlike DBS and UOB. Each redemption request must be for a minimum of 500 ANZ Travel$, unlike DBS and UOB in blocks of 10,000 miles.
                But ANZ charges you $25 per transfer, so you wouldn't want to make too many small transfers anyway, unlike some other banks which charge you a flat (albeit higher) annual fee.

Comment

Terms and conditions say existing ANZ cardholders are not eligible for the 2,000 miles promotion.... it also seems as though existing ANZ cardholders are not eligible for the 2.8 mile earning rate which is positioned as a "promotion" rather than a card feature:

"1. The ANZ Travel Visa Signature Credit Card Promotion (“Promotion”) is open to new Principal Cardmembers who successfully apply for an ANZ Travel Visa Signature Credit Card (“Card”) using the promotional application form during the period from 29 July 2012 to 31 October 2012.
                  2. Cardmembers who have cancelled their ANZ Credit Cards less than 6 months before the new date of application will not be eligible to participate in this Promotion."

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                    Terms and conditions say existing ANZ cardholders are not eligible for the 2,000 miles promotion.... it also seems as though existing ANZ cardholders are not eligible for the 2.8 mile earning rate which is positioned as a "promotion" rather than a card feature:

"1. The ANZ Travel Visa Signature Credit Card Promotion (“Promotion”) is open to new Principal Cardmembers who successfully apply for an ANZ Travel Visa Signature Credit Card (“Card”) using the promotional application form during the period from 29 July 2012 to 31 October 2012.
                    2. Cardmembers who have cancelled their ANZ Credit Cards less than 6 months before the new date of application will not be eligible to participate in this Promotion."
                    I dropped by the roadshow to sign up yesterday. Existing members are entitled to the 2K miles as well but I'm not sure if its a roadshow exclusive. The 2.8miles is applicable for all new Travel Visa Signature cardmembers. You get a spin on the wheel to win an instant price at the road show as well. Top prize is a trip to Bali with a stay at Grand Hyatt.

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                      2,000 bonus air miles for the first S$500 you spend
                      12,000 bonus air miles upon renewal.
                      Bro kindly note that $500 must be spent within 1 month

12,000 bonus miles also upon receipt of annual payment of S$200
                      drink Coke...save water

Comment

Originally posted by feizhu View Post
                        Top prize is a trip to Bali with a stay at Grand Hyatt.
                        Wow what an offer. That hotel is way too spread out for my taste and could be anywhere in the world in a tropical location and not necessarily in Bali. Nusa Dua is just lame. Not queuing up for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                          Sounds good but 2.8 miles/$ is not permanent (up to 31 Dec)

Retails transantions actually includs all you mentioned. What is not consider as retails transactions is like late charges, annual fee, interest charges, etc.

My only thumb down is that the 2.8 miles is only up o Dec, they may extend it thought.

Applied for the card yesterday. Waiting fot it to use it for my Hari Raya trip
                          visit my blog

Comment

I dropped by the roadshow to sign up yesterday. Existing members are entitled to the 2K miles as well but I'm not sure if its a roadshow exclusive. The 2.8miles is applicable for all new Travel Visa Signature cardmembers. You get a spin on the wheel to win an instant price at the road show as well. Top prize is a trip to Bali with a stay at Grand Hyatt.
                            So, where's this roadshow and is it over?

Comment

where is the roadshow? I have been looking around can't find
                              visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                              X