New KF redemption rates after 1 March 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
    No need to put any miles into KF as the earning ratio for flights is very weak.
    Earning has always been weak, but if they revert to the good old days before they decided to destroy the PPS programme, when as QPP/TPP you could get award seats at short notice on flights even with no I or O availability, then that would be quite welcome and worth putting mile to KF.

Cash&Miles has always been there: You only need 50% miles to redeem an award, the cash part is just very expensive...
    The cash part is what they were allegedly looking at making more reasonable.

If/when they do introduce the new reduced burning rates on the (no longer) 'New' products, the cynic in me says it's only because development of the next J/F products are well underway and as they should be available early next year they can then claim they are the 'New' products and restrict awards on those.

Comment

Just tried, SIN-LHR on the 77W does not even allow the option of the waitlisting for First Savers.

Comment

If the changeover date is 1st March, as has been speculated, it would seem reasonable that the inventories won't fully change until after that date.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          because development of the next J/F products are well underway and as they should be available early next year they can then claim they are the 'New' products and restrict awards on those.
          Timing wise sounds about right with the deliveries of the 8 new 77Ws starting in FY2013

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            ...because development of the next J/F products are well underway and as they should be available early next year...
            Wow! I wasn't aware of new F products! I was on MXP-SIN a couple of days ago and I still don't like the current 77W F at all... Pity they never invited me for a panel to give feedback on the new product

Comment

I have just come back from the SQ office at Brisbane. They tell me that savers will be available for the "new" long haul J soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                20,000 SGD

Got me 7 return flights in First to Frankfurt... And all flights in 2012 are now Suites...

Great deal!
                20,000 SGD gets you 1,000,000 miles? please share how to do it? or what are the loop holes to look out for? i put ard 150,000SGD into a single credit card annually....

you can PM me to keep it private

Comment

Originally posted by jjteo View Post
                  20,000 SGD gets you 1,000,000 miles? please share how to do it? or what are the loop holes to look out for? i put ard 150,000SGD into a single credit card annually....

you can PM me to keep it private
                  http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11347

Comment

oh....

i thought it was spendings on a credit card. but it is worth it too...

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                      I have just come back from the SQ office at Brisbane. They tell me that savers will be available for the "new" long haul J soon.
                      Good news! Any word on F???

Comment

The new award charts are available to view online. Changes are from Zone 11 onwards where Europe is split up into two zones :

Zone 11 : Europe 1 - Amersterdam, Athens, Copehagen, Rome
                        Zone 12 : Europe 2 - Barcelona, Frankfurt, London, Manchester, Milan, Moscow, Munich, Paris, Zurich

The split of the zones is obviously based on aircraft deployed rather than any geographical basis.

All Saver award levels remain unchanged but for Zone 11 onwards the Business and First Savers have all increased.

With the revision of destinations by zones and also the change of required miles, I think this pretty much clearly shows the opening up of business and first savers.

One Way Saver Requirements ex Singapore as follows :

Zone 11 - Europe 1
                        Business Saver : 60,000
                        First Saver : 85,000

Zone 12 - Europe 2
                        Business Saver : 80,000
                        First Saver : 107,500

Zone 13 - USA West Coast

Zone 14 - USA East Coast
                        Business Saver : 85,000
                        First Saver : 110,000

Zone 15 - South America (Sao Paulo)
                        Business Saver : 87,500
                        First Saver : 112,500

Cheers
                        Neil

Comment

What's the logic?

Europe2 = USWC

Comment

What I didn't understand is the increase in the Europe1 miles. Same old planes, so why increase ?

Comment

They're just increasing the cost to fly to Europe, is all (the answer to both your questions!)

Comment

Originally posted by barbene View Post
                                The new award charts are available to view online. Changes are from Zone 11 onwards where Europe is split up into two zones :

Zone 11 : Europe 1 - Amersterdam, Athens, Copehagen, Rome
                                Zone 12 : Europe 2 - Barcelona, Frankfurt, London, Manchester, Milan, Moscow, Munich, Paris, Zurich

One Way Saver Requirements ex Singapore as follows :

Zone 11 - Europe 1
                                Business Saver : 60,000
                                First Saver : 85,000

Zone 12 - Europe 2
                                So, for a Saver Award MAN-SIN vv in Raffles:

KF (with it's lower/harder earning rate) is 68,000 miles with the 15% on line discount

DC* (with up to 625% miles earning amongst others) is 30,000 miles + £ 202.50 cash.

Hmm, that's a tricky one. I may need to phone a friend or ask the audience about this..

Still, we should be grateful that they are going to allow bookings on a product that is currently only available on numerous other FFPs, and for the strange ones amongst us who actually like it, you will be able to book Savers in F on 77W.

*I know DC probably won't be around that much longer, but it is at the moment and we will probably be able to book JCL awards up to when the 'next' products are launched. I also realise there are good card earning opportunities in Singapore.
                                Last edited by MAN Flyer; 2 February 2012, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X