Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: CGK to go on the run of a lifetime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kpc View Post
    How many more sectors does he need for LPPP?
    Just curious to know...

Comment

Before CGK posts trip reports about his next SQ flight, he has to report another ex-CMB F cheap fare use!!! Turbulent flight!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Hmm....CGK has not posted in this thread yet...

Anyways, GO GO GO
        I'm still waiting for that to happen

Comment

Maybe he can rope in Travel & Leisure or Conde Naste to sponsor his LPP in return for exclusive coverage of his LPP quest

Or maybe a travelogue on National Geographic...

Isn't there a segment on CNN about business travel as well? Richard quest or something...

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
            I'm still waiting for that to happen
            Hi All,
            Just want to assure you all that indeed I am trying to run for my LPP. It will be a very long shot, but at least I can say I try.
            I understand that being LPP might not be a good idea in the future, but definitely in my limited understanding, PPS Value is not a platform of being frequent flyers anymore. As an example, with the increase of fares from CGK to LAX, someone flies two roundtrip would be a QPP. Sounds like an infrequent flyer for me.
            Of course, I have to make it clear that my runs will be on any cheap fares on SQ. Basically it is minimum costs while maximizing overall redeemable miles!
            I am trying for the run after getting many encouragements from everyone here. Many reasons, many advantages and disadvantages had been told to me. And yes, the SKL staff at Changi are the supporters of this run for life idea. In addition, I was told that at the moment, there is no LPP in Canada. Thus, it would be very sweet, if I would make it as the the first and the last LPP in this part of the world.

In short, I will try to do my run, and hopefully I could make it by August 31. Wish me luck,

Note: I have done a bit of short runs. In these few flights, sadly enough, the FAs seemed not too well informed about the changes in PPS. Yes, they know about there is a change, but the crew that I met so far, did not know that the change has been officially announced.

Comment

Originally posted by kpc View Post
              Just curious to know...

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
              And the whole point of this is ??

To get TPP Life? Before 1st Sep?

Would SQ offer that level if CGK hits it?
              My ego being the whole point I think.
              Yes, if I hit the LPP requirements before September 1, SQ will still honor that as well as the LPP Supplementary card holder.
              Last edited by CGK; 3 April 2007, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                In short, I will try to do my run, and hopefully I could make it by August 31. Wish me luck,
                [/SIZE]
                Good luck!

And as ws8n pointed out, the media may totally go crazy about this. Be prepared to entertain book & movie deals. I know you're already a celebrity in this community, but you may soon become a celebrity in the big wide world out there! Best of luck again!

Comment

Go, go, go CGK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sfvoyage View Post
                    Good luck!

And as ws8n pointed out, the media may totally go crazy about this. Be prepared to entertain book & movie deals. I know you're already a celebrity in this community, but you may soon become a celebrity in the big wide world out there! Best of luck again!
                    I am too shy (in addition to naive and innocent ). Thus, want to avoid any media attention.

Comment

CGK what is the count down sectors ?

Comment

All the best, CGK! That's the spirit, mate!
                        Beat em!
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Go CGK!!!

Please we have our rights... inform us about the number of secs u need (more or less) and your paths if you like.
                          We are ready to fully support your challenge
                          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I have only given my encouragement to CGK offline I think, so here it goes:

Go CGK!

Comment

Hi CGK anychance you could start a countdown thread where you could post how many sectors you have to go and then each time you get some more you could update it so we can all follow your progress

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                                Hi CGK anychance you could start a countdown thread where you could post how many sectors you have to go and then each time you get some more you could update it so we can all follow your progress
                                Countdown? It is still far to go. Too shy to post.

Note: In fact, it's a bit scary to do the count down. The reason right now, it seems that SQ updates the miles/sectors posting very slowly, not like prior to 31Mar.
                                Last edited by CGK; 3 April 2007, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X