PPS Value has appeared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQveteran View Post
    Out of interest did you query SQ on why you only received PPSV at 1/2 the nett quoted fare?

For that matter, has any one else here successfully had PPSV re-stated? If so, how did you go about it?
    As far as I can tell, SQ distributes the total fare across all the segments that you have booked for. E.g. if it is a straight retrun trip between two points then you will get half for one way and the other half when you make the return journey. Similarly for multiple segments. After you complete your trip your total for all the individual PPSV should equal the fare (less taxes etc.) paid.

I do this check always and SQ has been pretty good, except one time (see post #80 in this thread).

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      T&C states only SQ/MI flights will earn PPSV
      http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ub_Changes.pdf
      Correct; even if it is a four digit flight, it is still SQ (IMHO)

Comment

Originally posted by solitaire View Post
        As far as I can tell, SQ distributes the total fare across all the segments that you have booked for. E.g. if it is a straight retrun trip between two points then you will get half for one way and the other half when you make the return journey. Similarly for multiple segments. After you complete your trip your total for all the individual PPSV should equal the fare (less taxes etc.) paid.

I do this check always and SQ has been pretty good, except one time (see post #80 in this thread).
        Your generalization, I must say it doesn't apply to many of my flights. Roundtrip DPS-SIN-DPS got me different PPS Value for the outbound and inbound, and the total did not equate the fare paid.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          Your generalization, I must say it doesn't apply to many of my flights. Roundtrip DPS-SIN-DPS got me different PPS Value for the outbound and inbound, and the total did not equate the fare paid.
          Was the PPSV awarded less than the nett fare paid? If so, did you challenge this?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            I believe that the timing of flights actually have a certain impact on PPSV. Those flights that are constanly crowded will actually have a higher PPSV. I also notice that there are times when the PPSV of a single flight is greater than the amount paid for the RT(not that I am complaining).

Comment

Conditions on earning PPS Value

Originally posted by solitaire View Post
              Correct; even if it is a four digit flight, it is still SQ (IMHO)
              Time for a refresher again:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=13

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
                Hmmm.. if this is the case then I would spend my nickel on getting flights with the original carrier...they are less costly and one has more flexibility in timings as SQ codeshares only on certain flights between destinations.

Comment

Hmmm, my SIN - CPH - SIN in J just posted. $6,300 PPS value for 7.5 sectors.
                  $840 per sector...

Any other recent PPS Values observed?

Comment

Recent examples of PPSV:

SIN-AKL 1435
                    AKL-SIN 2400

These were both on the same CRTWSTAR ticket ?!.

All my recent MAN-SIN and SIN-MAN on straight forward J tickets have posted at 2018 each way.

Comment

• MANflyer

HKG-SIN in F 1450
                      SIN-MEL in F 3150
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        All my recent MAN-SIN and SIN-MAN on straight forward J tickets have posted at 2018 each way.
                        That sounds very low. Can one buy tickets at that price?

Comment

• I just checked my account. My current PPS Values now is ZERO. I know that my requalification date prior to my LPP is November 30. Does this mean that SQ is still doing an early requalification sweep for QPP and TPP? I remember that the past two years by Oct 1, my PPS sectors always got reset to zero.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            I just checked my account. My current PPS Values now is ZERO. I know that my requalification date prior to my LPP is November 30. Does this mean that SQ is still doing an early requalification sweep for QPP and TPP? I remember that the past two years by Oct 1, my PPS sectors always got reset to zero.
                            Perhaps SQ don't count PPS Value for LPP members?

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                              Perhaps SQ don't count PPS Value for LPP members?
                              I have PPS Values posted in the account since the status changed to LPP. And since Sep 1, I had few flights with PPS Values posted, and two has not posted yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X