RIP steve...you changed the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    maybe they should not have named the new iPhone as model 4S....... S sound so dead... Hokkien Si, Cantonese Sei and Mandarin Shi..... and the number 4 pronounced in Cantonese, Hokkien and Mandarin also sounds die..... Sei Sei, sure die lah.....

RIP Steve......
    You could also think of it as an immensely poetic iPhone (for)S(teve).

Comment

A true visionary.

RIP.

Comment

RIP Steve Jobs. You're an awesome innovator and visionary as well as an inspiration for many.
        Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Visionary and game-changer.

RIP.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

A visionary who worked hard to share his vision and passion till the very end. RIP.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

"When I invited Jobs to take some time away from NeXT to speak to a group of students, he sat in the lotus position in front of my fireplace and wowed us for three hours, as if leading a séance. But then I asked him if he would sign my Apple Extended Keyboard. He burst out: “This keyboard represents everything about Apple that I hate. It’s a battleship. Why does it have all these keys? Do you use this F1 key? No.” And with his car keys he pried it right off. “How about this F2 key?” Off they all went. “I’m changing the world, one keyboard at a time,” he concluded in a calmer voice." --Steve Jurvetson

"I just think he and Microsoft are a bit narrow. He’d be a broader guy if he had dropped acid once or gone off to an ashram when he was younger." --Steve Jobs on Bill Gates (1996)

"Our friends up north spend over five billion dollars on research and development and all they seem to do is copy Google and Apple." --Steve Jobs on Microsoft (2006)
              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
              X