LAX Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ashsta77 View Post
    And the baby I talked about in my original post safely arrived two weeks ago.
    We have a boy!
    Congratulations, ashsta77!
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Congratulations, ashsta77!
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Good job on booking and an even better one on the new addition, congratulations ashta77! Plenty of happy flights ahead.

Comment

Congratulations on the new arrival!

Comment

SPG LAX Properties

Putting my body through hell hopping properties for the current SPG Promo and taking one for the team, I decided to check the LAX properties out for you all. Consensus (as all are very similarly priced now): Sheraton Gateway (clean + flat panel TVs) > Westin (even though jhm & phaleesy will probably never stay there again; renovation will not happen until 2010) > Four Points.

Don't feel like taking pictures as there really isn't anything special, but if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

The Park Hyatt Chicago these are NOT!
            HUGE AL

Comment

I have 4 days in LA next Feb and would like some advice on which 2 Hyatts to stay in.

Some criteria

1. Safe to walk around the neighbourhood
              2. Nearby mall ( like next door or across the street! )
              3. Preferably recently refurbished
              4. Easy to get to LAX on departure date ( I'm on SQ11/12 )

There are quite a lot of Hyatts to choose from on their website. So far, thinking of staying..

1. Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
              2. Andaz West Hollywood

Will be renting a car to get around as well.

Thanks for your inputs

Comment

Hyatt Century Plaza is within walking distance (9 mins according to Google Maps) to my favorite LA mall, the Westfield Century City.
                I have never stayed at the property so can't comment on it though.

Very short drive to Rodeo Drive/Beverly Drive shopping areas too.

Comment

HRCP is your best option. The mall (one of the very best in California) is across the street and it satisfies all four of your criteria.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Thanks for your inputs.

I'm curious about Andaz so planning first night there before moving to HRCP.

Comment

Andaz is on the Sunset Strip. It's the old Riot House (Google "Hyatt Riot House") and, thus, has tons of history. Because of it's location, it is quite loud and there isn't a whole lot of sound insulation. If you're going by yourself, it's worth a look; if you're with the family, you may have an "interesting" time.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

I've stayed in the Andaz and didn't have any problems with noise. Mind you, HUGE AL wasn't in town so maybe I dropped lucky.

I am there again (seven of us) for two nights in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          Andaz is on the Sunset Strip. It's the old Riot House (Google "Hyatt Riot House") and, thus, has tons of history. Because of it's location, it is quite loud and there isn't a whole lot of sound insulation.
                          I notice sound insulation is not the forte of US hotels. Either that or the guests tend to be.. how shall I put it.. more vocal.

If you're going by yourself, it's worth a look; if you're with the family, you may have an "interesting" time.
                          I was hoping for a more Disney-esque holiday right after Chinese New Year!

However.... my wife points out that Sunset Strip is where a certain Divine Brown "shot" to fame with Hugh. Some tourism value there I suppose..

Comment

The double entendres are certainly making this thread very entertaining. Fitting for Hollywood, I suppose.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                              The double entendres are certainly making this thread very entertaining. Fitting for Hollywood, I suppose.
                              We're here for your entertainment!
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Since I'm flying such a long way, I want to try both.

Final question: which is likely to give me the easiest run to LAX when I leave? I'll stay there last.

I worry about the legendary LA traffic jams!
                                Last edited by 9V-SIA; 31 August 2010, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X