Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie here, please help with Krisflyer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of curiosity, where did you get your information?
    Wow! I am being lied to! By Krisflyer representative on the phone. I asked because I didn't get the 25% while flying UA. And asked whether it's the same for other *A programmes and whether they will only enjoy 25% bonus when flying with their respective airlines, and the answer was yes. I did not know that!!

I would have changed earlier! I was thinking TG coz their Gold last for 2 years... So is BD still a good option now? I hear Lufthansa is merging with them no? Any BD people concerned about this?

Comment

Why not head over to TOF Star Allliance forum and download a comparison of the various FFP?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Well, consider SIN-NRT in F. With KrisFlyer, you need 105,000 miles for a Saver award, which is 89,250 with the 15% online discount. With BD, you need 60,000 miles, and this is if you prefer not to use the cash+miles option.

The chief advantages to KrisFlyer are the increased access to redemption seats on SQ and the ability to waitlist for them, not the redemption rates.
        Just to add to jjpb3's comments:

* with BD cash+miles, it's half the miles required making it IMHO by far the best FFP for redemptions. KF doesn't even come close.

* Other advantages of KF - easy (but very expensive) access to 77W J/F and A380 J seats compared to them being officially impossible to get with other FFPs; and ability to upgrade with KF miles unlike BD (but with BD cash+miles, who wants to blow lots of KF miles to upgrade anyway ?)

Originally posted by Tanandika View Post
        So is BD still a good option now? I hear Lufthansa is merging with them no? Any BD people concerned about this?
        YMMV of course but a possible view could be that you earn and burn them now before a LH takeover. Furthermore, with BD gold status, there's a possibility of having that converted to LH SEN valid for 2 years when LH take over BD.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          ability to upgrade with KF miles unlike BD (but with BD cash+miles, who wants to blow lots of KF miles to upgrade anyway ?)
          When the upgrade option hadn't been devalued by the extortionate rates for the 77W and A380 and by the disqualification of W fares from eligibility, it was actually competitive with cash+miles for J redemptions. (These calculations were based on the LHR-SE Asia routes that I valued the most.) In addition, upgrading with miles allowed you to continue earning Elite Miles while enjoying the fruits of previous years' frequent flying.

Now, of course, the upgrade option is a shadow of its former self.
          Wow! I am being lied to! By Krisflyer representative on the phone. I asked because I didn't get the 25% while flying UA. And asked whether it's the same for other *A programmes and whether they will only enjoy 25% bonus when flying with their respective airlines, and the answer was yes. I did not know that!!
          It's best not to trust an agent's word about other FFPs. After all, it's not as though they're infallible even about the intricacies of their own program.
          Last edited by jjpb3; 27 May 2008, 04:36 AM.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            It's best not to trust an agent's word about other FFPs. After all, it's not as though they're infallible even about the intricacies of their own program.
            Or other airlines for that matter.

some useful links to comparison charts and discussions about pros and cons of various *A FFPs

Comment

Guys,

Is there a thread of "classes" as I need more information on certain jargons you all are using

as i took a C class to BKK but returned on Y, i presumed the KrisFlyer Miles awarded will be different?

JWNY
              drink Coke...save water

Comment

C will be 125% of miles being awarded

Y will be 100% only

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                  Btw, SIN-CGK vv new biz class on A345 (SQ962), are open for I class (biz saver)... I got this seat on my March'09 booking trip
                  Hope when the time comes, and there is an equipment swap, you should chill out. After all, your booking is 9 months from now, and nobody knows what will happen that day.

I think to think that the agent was lying is a bit harsh. Not all agents are knowledgeable and well-informed. That's just my two-cents...

Comment

Sorry, while i know accumulating Elite miles is better than KrisFlyer miles...what i really want to ask is, what is the difference, since both can be used for redemption?

Please don't flame me

JWNY
                    drink Coke...save water

Comment

No reason to flame.

They are different.
                      KF miles are used for redemption purposes
                      Elite miles are to determine if you have qualified for ES or EG and to know how much more to maintain those status

Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                        Hope when the time comes, and there is an equipment swap, you should chill out. After all, your booking is 9 months from now, and nobody knows what will happen that day.

Hope it won't be happened (again)..... or I will be a very unlucky jinx....

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          No reason to flame.

They are different.
                          KF miles are used for redemption purposes
                          Elite miles are to determine if you have qualified for ES or EG and to know how much more to maintain those status

Hope that helps
                          I see

Yes it does...i am grateful for your explanation

because i have almost 40 000 KrisFlyer miles but less than 10 000 Elite Miles since i don't travel so often

Doubt i can reach 25 000 Elite Miles in a year too...

JWNY
                          drink Coke...save water

Comment

Working...
                          X