$200 short of PPS membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $200 short of PPS membership

Anyone can advise if they will give you PPS status if you shortfalls of about $200?

Right now, I'm at about $21,000 and I have a business class to Korea coming up. Cost is about $3000plus.

For first-time qualification? Extremely unlikely.

You can always try calling to ask for an extension -- they usually won't qualify you if you fall short, but there have been anecdotal stories of existing members being given a short (1-2 month) extension of qualification period to reach the requalification threshold.

Good luck!

Comment

send them an email dont go via the route of a telephone call as they will just ask have you got any upcoming bookings etc to take into account and leave it at that....they are more likely to make an investigation into your case with relevant persons with the authority to decide if you write to them giving them a bit more detail as to why they should give you pps

Comment

I was S$60 off the mark. Had preemptively gone to SQ Ion to discuss it with them. The manager, as well as another PPS manager, went to bat for me...twice (even joking that all it would be worth would be the shiny little card). SQ's reply was basically for me to go f@%& myself. This was last year when they were allowing requals at S$10,000.

They did reply, "Just this once, we'll make an exception to allow a two month grace period. Why don't you just fly a short flight to CGK?"
        HUGE AL

Comment

S$60! Soetimes I think they just like to see you squirm!

Comment

SQ is probably working out how to create a loyalty (to them) program to persuade customers to spend even more with them, with least amount spent on the customer. It is clearly not an altruistic program designed for customers who spend a lot of time (as oppose to money) travelling on SQ.

So in this case, if one is ONLY borderline PPS, they may feel that providing PPS benefits to you (at a cost to them), would have very little chance of getting more revenue to them.

I hate to be so negative, but that's business.

Comment

Sometimes I hate to think about how SQ operates.

In good times - they will just throw you aside and will not give it to you. But in bad times - they will renew it for you even when you felt short of it.

I remembered one year that they renewed my PPS even though i didn't meet the requirement (that was a bad year for everyone)

Hate it!

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post
                For first-time qualification? Extremely unlikely.

You can always try calling to ask for an extension -- they usually won't qualify you if you fall short, but there have been anecdotal stories of existing members being given a short (1-2 month) extension of qualification period to reach the requalification threshold.

Good luck!
                I used to be PPS and now Elite Gold for last 3 years.
                So not sure what will happen, just wait and see.

Comment

With the economy turning south again, and many premium passengers turning to other carriers, I am amazed SQ continues to be so slow to move on their "refreshing" of their PPS and Krisflyer programs ... this was amply demonstrated in a letter published in this month's Business Traveller Asia Pacific magazine ...

Comment

I qualified for PPS recently due to a fair bit of business travel but am wondering what the fuss is. The only benefit I value is the 25% bonus miles but I already get that with Elite Silver. There's no access to the First Class lounge for PPS members travelling Business (unlike previously) and some extra baggage allowance which I don't need. So, if I don't requalify, I won't lose sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by chrispstan View Post
                      I qualified for PPS recently due to a fair bit of business travel but am wondering what the fuss is. The only benefit I value is the 25% bonus miles but I already get that with Elite Silver. There's no access to the First Class lounge for PPS members travelling Business (unlike previously) and some extra baggage allowance which I don't need. So, if I don't requalify, I won't lose sleep.
                      There're a *few* extras. 1) You get invited to some "special" events; 2) You can still use the Biz class lounge (in Singapore) if you fly Y. 3) And if you renew, you can some $$$ vouchers to buy stuff on Krisshop. Yes, not something one would loose sleep over.

Comment

Originally posted by chrispstan View Post
                        I tend to agree although seems you do get a little extra service in flight travelling economy, quicker access to SQ helpline and service centre at Ion etc

Comment

Short of $600 PPS value after resetting their system in Nov 2011 (got $1600 PPS value in Oct 2010 erased). Called them up to ask if they could consider 13month for me to get PPS. They ask me go fly kite and said it applies to all people.

Damn proud man nowaday SIA!

Anyone can share PPS email address?

Comment

I was PPS for a couple of years and then fell short for the past 2 years.

I am only 4K away for re-qualifying, is there anywhere I can find out which period my PPS value runs? Is it calendar year?
                            Anyway to rollover just for a couple of months?

Comment

Originally posted by SQKF View Post
                              I was PPS for a couple of years and then fell short for the past 2 years.

I am only 4K away for re-qualifying, is there anywhere I can find out which period my PPS value runs? Is it calendar year?
                              Anyway to rollover just for a couple of months?
                              Check with your PPS coordinator. If not, do a milk run to HKG for the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X