Singapore next weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore next weekend

Short notice (again) we know but a few of us find ourselves in town next weekend, while the F1 is on. A couple of us were supposed to be going but someone, who will remain nameless, got their days mixed up.

Anyway, the upshot of this is a few of us are going to have Sunday Brunch at the Ritz Carlton on Sunday and will probably have a group drink on Saturday evening. Friday was also in the running but myself and a few others may only arrive later in the evening now.

So, if anyone is interested in joining us for drinks on Saturday evening, or Brunch at the RC, let us know either on here or via the usual channels. We don't have anywhere planned for Saturday as of yet but that we'll worry about that later.

MTIA.

OK, so far making an appearance either Saturday or Sunday, or both, are:

MAN Flyer
    StarG

HUGE AL (possibly..)
    B727
    yflyer
    demue
    Pinkfloyd

Nothing arranged (or even thought of) for Saturday night yet but Bruch at the RC is booked. for a few of us. Anyone else who wishes to join, even if you have never met us, give us a shout.

Comment

Sorry to miss you all, but I'll be going out of town for some fresh air this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
        Sorry to miss you all, but I'll be going out of town for some fresh air this weekend.
        Missed you again then fella. Maybe have to wait until next time in SKL F!

To update where we are for Sunday Brunch at the RC:

MAN Flyer
        StarG
        demue
        yflyer
        B727
        kapitan

HUGE AL is on the list but is lost somewhere in California we believe...

A few of us are also having a drink tomorrow night. Looks like about half a dozen at the moment, including one or two possible special guests, and the probable locations are Marriott (Orchard) or the Regent. Wil let you all know when we do.

Comment

Just in case you don't see your WhatsApp's, PM's or SMS's we are going to The Other Room at the Marriott on Orchard at 9pm tonight. There is about eight of us going, including a few faces we haven't seen for a while, but anyone who is around feel free to pop in and say hello.

For Sunday Brunch at the Ritz Carlton the current count is:

MAN Flyer
          StarG
          demue
          yflyer
          B727
          kapitan
          Viraj735

If anyone else wants to join get in touch and we'll add to the booking.

Comment

Due to the complicated issue of trying to keep in contact with everyone who has been out this weekend (SQT PM's, WhatsApp, sms, email and getting someone at the Hyatt to tell me...), and even though I am talking to myself on this thread I'll put it on here for all..

Sincere thanks to all who came out over the weekend. Saturday night at The Other Room at the Marriott was very nice, not least as not only were StarG, demue, B727, LionCity and Viraj735 present it was also fantastic to see a few greatly respected friends who we haven't seen for a while like ws8n, mec, sailaway75 and our favourite SQ IFM. The phone calls to jjpb3 and Jubilee777 were the icing on the cake.

The F1 Brunch at the RC was equally fabulous and unfortunately free pour champagne from midday to 4pm was not sufficient for some so while StarG headed off the rest of us ended up in the Long Bar at Raffles with an old school friend of mine who has lived in Singapore for 14 years and who we bumped into at Brunch along with his friend from Hong Kong. It ended up being a long but fabulously enjoyable day/night...

Thank **** I am going home.
            Last edited by MAN Flyer; 24 September 2019, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              The F1 Brunch at the RC was equally fabulous and unfortunately free pour champagne from midday to 4pm was not sufficient for some so while StarG headed off the rest of us ended up in the Long Bar at Raffles with an old school friend of mine who has lived in Singapore for 14 years and who we bumped into at Brunch along with his friend from Hong Kong. It ended up being a long but fabulously enjoyable day/night...
              I actually drove my car to meet you guys at the RC for brunch, intending to have perhaps a couple of glasses of champagne to accompany the brunch spread. But after barely a glass or two of the wonderful Bollinger, I decided to leave the car and find other means of transport afterwards. Being in no condition to drive after our meal, I left the car in the carpark, and only picked it up on Monday morning on the way to work! Thankfully parking at Suntec was free during the F1 weekend, so my total parking fee came to S$5.

An unforgettable meet-up, with a mindblowing brunch spread at the RC, and especially the follow-on session at the Long Bar!

Comment

Working...
              X