Early PPS Reset no more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early PPS Reset no more?

Over the past many years, if you have enough PPS value in your account 3 months before the card expiry date, it will be reset early so you can start earning PPSV for the next year.

Just realized that I am passed that mark for a while now.
    I am guessing that early reset is now gone with the introduction of PPS Rewards?

The feature is still there and is now called “Reserve Value”.

Whatever you spend above 25,000 SGD in the twelve months of your membership year is fully reflected in the Reserve Value and reduces the amount you need to spend in year 2 to requalify.

Comment

Early reset was still happening with the introduction of PPS Reserve Value.
      I suspect the elimination of the early reset has more to do with the PPS rewards.
      Imagine getting close to reaching some rewards but getting early reset.

Comment

It's a bit of a meaningless discussion as the 'early reset' lost its meaning when PPS Value was introduced. So asking why it's no longer around doesn't yield any insight.

My best guess is that the wonderful SQ IT took longer to implement the change and it was de-prioritized as it had no impact for any PPS members or SQ.

Comment

I got what seemed to be an early reset for KFEG this year. At the end of my 11th month they announced another year and reset me to 0 showing 13 months in order to requalify. As I didn't fly at all during that month in question, I can't confirm if any miles would have contributed to my tally. My electronic KF card is showing an expiry of a month earlier (haven't got the physical one yet- they always take so long to arrive!) but I'm guessing the electronic one doesn't need to allow that grace period because you can download one right away. If anything we now deserve to be reset early after the devaluing of mile accumulation by ticket type.

Comment

Working...
          X