4 Points or Novotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Points or Novotel

Will be making a trip to Bangkok soon,.... looking at the hotels to book, zeroed down to two, either Four Points @ Sheraton or Novotel Bankok Fenix Ploenchit, boths hotels are very near to the Sukhumvit skytrain line think they are two stations away from each other and priced about the same.... both looks funky from the pictures..... but me cannot decide....

Anyone stayed at either of these before and wish to comment?
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

I've only stayed at the 4P of those two but I know where the Novotel is.

4P is new and very nice, better than your average 4P in a nice location just off Sukhumvit Road close to Asok BTS and with a decent bar on the roof. I haven't stayed at the 4P since just after it opened as the rates have gone up since the opening offers and it's now not far off the other Starwood properties in Bangkok. There is an ALoft opening next month, but they are not accepting bookings until after 16 October despite saying it opens on the first.

As a matter of interest, how did you narrow it down to those two ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      As a matter of interest, how did you narrow it down to those two ?.
      Both are near to the Skytrain, relatively new, price near to each other and I have a card for each of the hotel. Novotel Fenix is just right next to the tailor which I go to, which makes it more convenient.

Comment

If you need to go for your tailor (what tailor's that?), then go to Fenix. I've stayed at both and just as a matter of interest, the basic room at Fenix has no bathtub, but the 4P does.

I'd pick the 4P every single time, much closer to the Skytrain as it's next to Sukhumvit Rd (100m in). The Fenix is quite deep into the Soi (300-350m in).

Frankly the furnishing and finishing of the 4P is far better. The perks at the 4P as SPG Plat are negligible, however. They don't seem to care much if you're SPG*P or not (unless you consider having 3 shotglasses of mango sticky rice great). More catered to tourgroups, the 4P. I put my money elsewhere when I need to stay with SPG in BKK.

The open-air swimming pool at 4P is also miles ahead of the Fenix one.

I'm in the market for a different tailor.

Comment

Got a great deal at Novotel Fenix, S$300.00 for three nights.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            Kyo, tailor is Pinky, just behind Mahatun Bldg....

Comment

All up, 4P will cost $332 for 3 nights usually. Bathtub alone's worth the $10 a night premium to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                All up, 4P will cost $332 for 3 nights usually. Bathtub alone's worth the $10 a night premium to me.
                I don't need a bathtub, do not intend to be whaling in the tub snapping pictures..... hahhahahaa

Comment

I don't need a bathtub, do not intend to be whaling in the tub snapping pictures..... hahhahahaa

Cos you'll be at another place to "Zhang Jui"

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Cos you'll be at another place to "Zhang Jui"
                    its "Ark Nam"....

Comment

I go to Pinky too
                      Plaza Athenee would be the closest!
                      Just stayed at 4P last week and I think the weekend rate was SGD100/night.

Comment

Are you refering to the Le Fenix? Did not know that it has been upgraded to Novotel.

There is a Novotel Ploenchit just next to Ploencit station which belong to the same owener of the Le Fenix
                        visit my blog

Comment

linguan101,

You kind of answered your own question there mate...

The Fenix group have a number of properties managed by Accor - some branded and some individualised hotels, similar to the Erawan group.

"For Chung" in Thonglor is my tailor - p'Pratin is a great tailor and a lively character

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                            linguan101,

You kind of answered your own question there mate...

The Fenix group have a number of properties managed by Accor - some branded and some individualised hotels, similar to the Erawan group.
                            Gunnar, I know. My friend used to work for that group

As far as I know Le Fenix in "Nana" is not really a Novotel, as it is not up to Novotel standard, yet it is above Ibis. That's why it uses the Le Fenix (by Accor) or some thing along that line.

If people "casually" call it Novotel Le Fenix, I am ok with it.

But there is "official" Novotel "Le" Fenix which is in Silom (not Sukhumvit). Hotel Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom. Of course no need to guess, the "Novotel Silom", Novotel Ploenchit and Le Fenix are own by the same owner.

When I first read this post, I thought he was referring to the hotel in Silom.
                            visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                            X